Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO FLORIDA - Florida 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Love it. While tossing and turning all night, at no point have I even contemplated the bruins losing, not just this series, but period. During my insomnia, I guess doubt was creeping in a little and what I felt was strange....I felt heartbroken thinking that could actually lose. Usually my initial feelings are rage, or being in a bad mood thinking about it, but I was just sad. Guessing I'm getting old and my testosterone is falling even more. ;)
Funny I thought the same thing. Am I getting old? In the 80’s when we would lose to Montreal I would lose it. Even losses in 2011 and 2013 would make me flip my lid. After the goal was scored in OT last night I was more disappointed than outraged. Meh, time to move on a win tomorrow.

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
I'm looking for Freddy/Cliffy in Lauko/Forbort out and possibly, this hurts me a bit, Swayman for Ullmark.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can you get a group rate on that therapy? I'll make time in my schedule. Maybe set aside 4 hours for it too!
I have a women who’s great anf they listen are focused and give great advice

I don’t trust men all that much. I subscribe to the theory most men are just think oj about getting laid and when they aren’t they are bitching about their sports GMs

I thought about being a therapist For a career but when I realized I pretty much only care about myself and my teams GMs I decided to be a secret agent

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I like Forbort but that late PK when Florida scored to make it 3-2 Nosek won that draw clean back and when Forbort couldn't get to it, Florida got control and scored. That entire Florida PP passing cycle didn't need to happen, should have been a faceoff win and easy clear.
That was not that simple. The faceoff went right past Forbort and was more of a 50 50 puck. Sure it would have been nice if we had control and they didn’t. The whole game could be viewed that way. Forbort did not make a bad play as you are suggesting. Actually, Nosek pursued out too high and fell, and couldn’t get back to the bumper to add back pressure. That’s why the goal happened. Part mental mistake. Pursued too high. Part physical. Fell.

Amonte said it on the air last night. It was Gryz's responsibility to SCREAM to Ullmark what he wanted him to do at that point. In his opinion, Gryz didn't control the play by telling Ullmark what to do. Ullmark (who should've stayed in his crease) then f****ed it up and handed it to the Panthers. Piss poor communication by Gryz.
I don’t agree with this at all.

Reactions: bruinshoper

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Two things are true:

1.The ice is horrible, costing the team games at times when lesser opponents rely more on fluky bounces.

2. Ullmark has lost this team two games already and I wouldn't say he has stolen them one yet (thankfully wasn't necessary). In game 2, the Panthers were running up the score, but Ullmark couldn't make a timely save.
And last night, he shouldn't have allowed 4 goals on like 20 shots.

If he isn't right, he shouldn't play, simple as that. Swayman is way too good for that. Remember: he had a pretty decent series against CAR last year when Ullmark was unplayable after the first 2 games.

The team is obviously (much) better than the Panthers. It would be a shame if they went out, because of multiple collapses of the eventual Vezina-winner.
I think it makes sense to play Swayman a shot. I don’t view it as a panic move, just a logical one.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
If only Mike Ryder had been playing last night.

I’m starting to understand why people get mad at Gryz’s size. If he was bigger, maybe he’d take up more of the net so he has a better chance of blocking the shot when he’s forced to play goalie

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm concerned with Ullmark's load management here. He's going to need a day off at some point. The Panthers' offense doesn't really scare me, I'd trust Swayman in there, at least more than I'd want him there vs. Toronto.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Nothing like handing kitties a gift wrapped win but it’s time to move on. Florida has not shown they can win at home and imo the Bruins play better on the road. I honestly believe they will finish this off tomorrow. Only question is who will be in net?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I’ve been playing goalie for many many years and there’s no worse feeling than what happened to end last night’s game.

I’m sure Ullmark feels awful, whether he says it in public or not.

It’s a judgment call and you have a split second to decide what to do. Then all of a sudden, you’re caught in no man’s land and you scramble to retreat to your crease as quickly as possible.

Yes, communication with the defensemen is key in a situation like this.

One of the dangers of letting it go to overtime is that a flukey ending like this can transpire.

It sucks, but Ullmark is the man and I live and die with him in games 6 and 7.
If Ullmark is the definite man ,why let him and Swayman pretty much share the goaltending the entire season
I will tape gsme and watch Saturday morning

Rounds 2 and 3 draft Friday night 7-12

I can’t watch another second of Matt Tkachuk
I get yah,can always check the score and then not bother watching if they lose or better yet enjoy if they win without the stress.I did that a lot when I worked the night shift.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Tkachuk guaranteed game 7 .There is some motivation.Krecji gonna play great but he can't dress then leave after a couple shifts leaving them down a man.

I've been a fan over 50 years now. 10 trips to the Finals in that time [3-7].

I do think the 2019 choke has some bearing on this team since many of them were there.
If your dominating a game and are one goal from winning in 5 & goalie and D man have a brain fart its a bit much to paint entire team with a brush from 4 yrs ago .That is just u nervous.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
As deep as the team is, these two losses should solidify that Ullmark should win Hart and Vezina. He carried this team to an unprecedented win total.

It's the same errors, missed assignments, and brain farts, but they are
forgotten . . .because . . .
When our goalies do not put up a .920 save %age or better, the Bruins are upper-middle of the pack.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yup. Either leave the puck for Grz, and get out of the way, or shoot the puck around the boards opposite to where the Panther was....uggh
Terrible play my Ullmark , but two questions , did Gryz communicate with Ullmark and could fatigue be setting in with Ullmark ,he has never played this type of schedule before, just asking ?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Imagine being thankful this team is headed to Florida where the ice is actually decent...f***ing FLORIDA has better ice than Boston.
Now that is a point well made , Jeremey is cutting costs.......

Amonte is basically saying that Gryz blew it coming back.
Why did he get so close to Ullmark what was he trying to accomplish , I also question the communication between the two of them.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad