Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO FLORIDA - Florida 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The final goal was more Ullmark's fault than Gryz because he's the once that turned the puck over and flopped instead of recovering but that wasn't the best play by Gryz either. I actually agree with whoever it was that said Gryz has to take control of the communication in that instance since he's looking at the play and Ullmark has his back to the play up the ice. He also let himself get too close to Ullmark, maybe expecting Ullmark to settle the puck so he could take it around the net and use his speed to beat the forechecker. There's also a chance that Gryz did try to communicate but Ullmark didn't hear him. Ugly final sequence all around.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Gryz was expecting Linus to stop the puck and leave it there for him. If you’re expecting the goalie to play the puck to pass it, the D will spread wide into the corners. The only thing I can think is that Linus thought Gryz was a Panther and the Panther wide in the corner was Gryz. Brain farts do happen to people. It’s like Linus didn’t know the guy there next to him was Gryz, and tried to keep it away from him. The communication argument makes no sense. Linus was NOT pressured by any Panther. The only pressure he could have felt or seen out of the corner of his eye was Gryz. What was Gryz supposed to do? Say, “Hey Linus, it’s me, Gryz!!” Linus should have seen it was Gryz. He had the entire length of the rink to see Gryz was the guy coming back. Overtime will make guys anxious. Linus panicked. It was that simple.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I could be way off since I've never played professional hockey, but I'd want the goalie to direct the play since he is able to see where all the players are on the ice from his position behind the net. The defenseman skating back can only see what's in front of him.

It's also got to be very loud on the ice so the goalie should probably be signaling with a stick tap or just placing the puck out in front of him to tell the D man to come and get the puck around behind the net.

I'd imagine they've done this a few times before last night.

Reactions: BourqueFromORRk4277

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Funny how Floridas coach is blaming Barkovs play on him being “sick” at the start of the series but now he’s playing better cause he’s feeling better. I haven’t seen him do squat worthy of mentioning the whole series.

He should save those excuses after the Bruins finish them off tomorrow.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Funny how Floridas coach is blaming Barkovs play on him being “sick” at the start of the series but now he’s playing better cause he’s feeling better. I haven’t seen him do squat worthy of mentioning the whole series.

He should save those excuses after the Bruins finish them off tomorrow.
Bruins were literally shitting their pants through the first two games and still have scored a lot of goals this series

Reactions: Bruin

MerlotLineFan

Jan 10, 2023
I own this loss completely. I had been eating ice cream before or during the games, but have been trying to cut back. Game 2, no ice cream, loss. Same for game 5. My health just needs to take a back seat until mid June. Sorry everyone.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Same here. I'd be happy if Coyle compared to Mario Tremblay, nevermind Lemieux, lol.
I would take Mario Tremblay on my team 7 days a week and 52 weeks a year

The final goal was more Ullmark's fault than Gryz because he's the once that turned the puck over and flopped instead of recovering but that wasn't the best play by Gryz either. I actually agree with whoever it was that said Gryz has to take control of the communication in that instance since he's looking at the play and Ullmark has his back to the play up the ice. He also let himself get too close to Ullmark, maybe expecting Ullmark to settle the puck so he could take it around the net and use his speed to beat the forechecker. There's also a chance that Gryz did try to communicate but Ullmark didn't hear him. Ugly final sequence all around.
Ullmark puck handle the last game was..... not good. It ended the way his game went

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad