BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 5 4/30 7:11 PM - Jack Edwards’ final home game broadcast - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I'm also not so sure about tweaking the lineup, but...

Since Justin Brazeau made his Bruins debut, he LEADS the team in on-ice Goals For %. His addition would be on the safer side of the risk spectrum.

1t. Justin Brazeau = 66.7%
1t. Jesper Boqvist = 66.7%
3. Danton Heinen = 59.1%
4. Morgan Geekie = 59.0%

He has also blocked a lot of shots, which has been important in this series.

Who would come out for Brazeau? That's a tough decision.

It's nearly impossible. You can't sit Maroon right now.

It's basically Beecher. And I dunno if they wanna take out guys who can FO. JVR just got good again, he's going nowhere.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
It's nearly impossible. You can't sit Maroon right now.

It's basically Beecher. And I dunno if they wanna take out guys who can FO. JVR just got good again, he's going nowhere.
I don't want Brazeau out there with Maroon or JVR. Maybe JVR and Maroon are on a line together but I think Brazeau has to be with two good skaters.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The groin's a long ways from the heart.

I'm kidding. For him to sit out of the 3rd period the other night, and potentially not play in a must win game 5 it's gotta be pretty bad. Is 50 percent of Matthews better than 100 percent of his replacement?

matthews unlikely, it’s a trap
Agreed. Funny how Toronto had some of their best momentum in game 4 when Matthews wasn't available.

Reactions: BMC

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
We all know what happened last season up 3-1 vs. the Panthers. Let's get this out of our heads.

Here we are again. 3-1 at home vs. the Leafs. Good news their best player Auston Matthews is game time decision and probably not playing. They are probably going to change goalies and go with Joseph Woll. We might go with the hot hand so Swayman is up.

Bruins need to close out this series tonight... attention CLOSE OUT tonight.

I want the Hugs in the end.

GO Bruins

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
We all know what happened last season up 3-1 vs. the Panthers. Let's get this out of our heads.

Here we are again. 3-1 at home vs. the Leafs. Good news their best player Auston Matthews is game time decision and probably not playing. They are probably going to change goalies and go with Joseph Woll. We might go with the hot hand so Swayman is up.

Bruins need to close out this series tonight... attention CLOSE OUT tonight.

I want the Hugs in the end.

GO Bruins
Playing with fire if they don’t.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
No way they would have been letting him play with concussion symptoms
Agreed. It would have to be something that they feared could get worse if he played the third. Maybe a fresh tear of some sort that they were unsure on severity. So keeping him out of the third and re-evaluating later might possibly get him into the lineup sooner. IDK.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a reasonable excuse for him to not play, and everything is pretty bad and points to him not playing tonight.

Whether he's in or out, I'm beating the shit out of Nylander and Marner anyway

Reactions: BMC and lopey

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If that was his total career, it would be 11th all time, just above Jari Kurri and just below Mike Bossy. Higher than Crosby, Kucherov, Sakic, Makar, Forsberg. Ridiculous run.
Yeah, it's insane. I went back to kind of use data over an 82 game season and that's just insane.

I mean, 136 in 150 is damn near a playoff point per game pace at the end of the day. .91 points per game.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I don't think so. If it was a concussion he would not be questionable tonight. The league has rules for concussion protocol.
He had food poisoning, which can take 2-3 days to recover from.
I say he goes and its a wait and see how he feels after the first.
As far as our forwards are concerned, keep the same lineup, why make changes now?
If Shatty can't play, then insert Gryz, keep Lohrei in the lineup, I think he will only get better with more experience.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He had food poisoning, which can take 2-3 days to recover from.
I say he goes and its a wait and see how he feels after the first.
As far as our forwards are concerned, keep the same lineup, why make changes now?
If Shatty can't play, then insert Gryz, keep Lohrei in the lineup, I think he will only get better with more experience.
There is no confirmation about food poisoning, only speculation.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
The Doctors have been mentioned multiple times?

Doctors don't pull a guy between periods for a groin or dehydration/ diarrhea.

post-concussive reactions yes.
yup.
he would not be pulled midgame for a groin.
he just looked concussed during that game and on the bench.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No Mercy. I want to see more cursing between the big 4 on the Leafs bench tonight. Let's putt his team out of its misery.

Meanwhile, I'll start giving divided attention around 8:50 to see if the Jets can give a challenge to the Avs.
Not that it matters all that much but I truly doubt that that will happen again. It's going to be a war out there because IMHO most hockey players have worked too hard and long to lose their shit like that, they know how bad that looked. Bruins can't even think that the Leafs are going to throw in the towel. B's have to do everything perfectly because IOM the NHL, and 2 owners want more revenue with more games. Damn TBL, they didn't have the 'nads to go at least 6 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad