BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 5 4/30 7:11 PM - Jack Edwards’ final home game broadcast - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGS

Jan 21, 2014
Portland, OR
With all the horrendous embarrassing press and downright slandering of this leafs team and it's core players, I don't see how they don't come out tonight with absolutely everything, more than they even knew they had. As we all know, the EXPECTATION that you will lose is often exactly what propels teams most to win key games/series. I don't like this.

But I hope we are prepared for exactly that and can hold them off.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Series is over and the Bruins are moving on. The only question is do they wrap it up tonight or not.

Bruins have shown all season vs the leafs as well as the post season that they are the better team.

Embarrassing to entertain the thought that they will blow back to back 3-1 series leads.

Fans need to trust their team to do their job.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
With all the horrendous embarrassing press and downright slandering of this leafs team and it's core players, I don't see how they don't come out tonight with absolutely everything, more than they even knew they had. As we all know, the EXPECTATION that you will lose is often exactly what propels teams most to win key games/series. I don't like this.

But I hope we are prepared for exactly that and can hold them off.
They'll certainly be there. We've been up 3-1 against them multiple times in our past playoff series. Would be a big statement to finish it off tonight. Pasta in particular needs to have a good game.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
There's no right or wrong way to be a fan.

I've been burned by this organization too many times to count.
I've fallen for the banana in the tailpipe many a season just to see them get bounced in the first round.

I'm at a point in my life now where I've got bigger things going on than pro sports.
Still, I love to watch (much of the time),

I'll criticize the team when they err. I'll vent. I'll complain. Typically with a good deal of sarcasm sprinkled in.
But I'll also acknowledge that some of my very best memories over the years have consisted of going to games and watching on TV.

I'm having fun this playoffs.
Did not expect them to win a round this season.
This is a fun series because of the history vs. the Leafs, because of the healthy hatred these teams and fanbases have for one another, and most of all because the Bruins are up 3-1.

I'm going to continue watching and posting.
Am I overly confident that they'll TCB tonight?
No.

But I want them to get the job done so they can have a crack at Florida and not be overly spent.

So LFG, boys & girls!

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
For those who like to admonish that we can't always blame the coach, these are the things one can easily blame the coach for.

DFD39A79-9B25-4A85-843E-3ADE9692C965.jpeg

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Series is over and the Bruins are moving on. The only question is do they wrap it up tonight or not.

Bruins have shown all season vs the leafs as well as the post season that they are the better team.

Embarrassing to entertain the thought that they will blow back to back 3-1 series leads.

Fans need to trust their team to do their job.

I think your post from last year just went through.

Either way, the round 2 pre-party is at 5 in Charlestown. It's just a street party. Cops won't enforce open container laws.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
who is he in for?

BTW Forbert is the most under-rated player on the bruins. If he's healthy I don't question the coach.
It's a stupid game 5 lineup move again - when we're dominating them, we're going to put a previously injured player into the lineup in an elimination game. Again.

And he's not underrated. He's just not good is all.

Reactions: EverettMike

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
How many goals will Forbort singlehandedly cost the team? 2? 3?

More importantly, what sort of compromising material does Derek have on Monty? There is zero justification for playing him.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The Leafs are going to come flying in the 1st period. They have nothing to lose at this point. The Bruins need to weather the storm and push back.

If the Bruins are winning with complete certainty late in the 3rd, I'd love to hear some "Thank you Leafs" or "Let's go Scott" chants.

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3