GDT: ECQF Game 4: Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 7 PM, MSGSN/ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Duck is kind of like more richer, more bolder, more flavorful chicken
Duck can be super fatty. I like most standard meats (beef, chicken, fish, bison, pork, turkey, etc.) but there's something about duck that is very fatty/greasy to me that can be a turn off. Most people love it though.

Reactions: My3Sons

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
<lots of good points and data>

The Sharks fan is right. Although he's not a $9m player, he's been extremely valuable this series despite falling into the Wood/Smith over the top uncontrolled aggro 'physicality' trap.

If someone gets to talk to him and he plays like Randy McKay instead of early Owen Nolan (who made a career out of sinking the Leafs with dumb shit) he may end up our most important guy at some point.

He's been fine. Just getting hard to the net a couple times is more than most of our team has done this series.

Edit: and yeah Duck is frigging delicious. Go down past Canal street and hit one of those places where they hang in the window

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The Sharks fan is right. Although he's not a $9m player, he's been extremely valuable this series despite falling into the Wood/Smith over the top uncontrolled aggro 'physicality' trap.

If someone gets to talk to him and he plays like Randy McKay instead of early Owen Nolan (who made a career out of sinking the Leafs with dumb shit) he may end up our most important guy at some point.

He's been fine. Just getting hard to the net a couple times is more than most of our team has done this series.

Edit: and yeah Duck is frigging delicious. Go down past Canal street and hit one of those places where they hang in the window
Meier has also always been very streaky. I'm not sure whether it was last year or two years ago, but he basically couldn't buy a goal for an extended stretch and then went on an absolute tear. Making blanket statements about a player because of a handful of playoff games is pointless.

Production in sports is incredibly random in small sample sizes (especially hockey) and it gets magnified and blown way out of proportion in the playoffs. There are a million examples, like how Arod "sucked" in the playoffs until he single handedly won the Yankees the world series in 2009. Or how Mitch Marner was getting run out of Toronto because of a couple playoff performances, until he put up 8 points in 7 games last year and has 10 points in 4 games this year.

Meier is a great player and he'll be fine over the long term. It's a 4 game sample.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Meier has also always been very streaky. I'm not sure whether it was last year or two years ago, but he basically couldn't buy a goal for an extended stretch and then went on an absolute tear. Making blanket statements about a player because of a handful of playoff games is pointless.

Production in sports is incredibly random in small sample sizes (especially hockey) and it gets magnified and blown way out of proportion in the playoffs. There are a million examples, like how Arod "sucked" in the playoffs until he single handedly won the Yankees the world series in 2009. Or how Mitch Marner was getting run out of Toronto because of a couple playoff performances, until he put up 8 points in 7 games last year and has 10 points in 4 games this year.

Meier is a great player and he'll be fine over the long term. It's a 4 game sample.
Hell ya Meier and is streaky . Most goal scorers are . He was cold as hell to start the year but still managed to get 40 goals .
What’s good is that he generates a ton of shots . To me that’s important and shows he knows how and where to get shots off and generate offence .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad