Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 4 - THE BEAR dances in an empty Maple Leaf Square - BRUINS 6 TML 4 ( Series tied 2-2 )

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Good points, stats back it up, but the amount of games he played in the playoffs has something to do with the teams you play on. Halak never played for a Bruin caliber team. His best run was with an underdog Montreal team that made the conference finals. He was on fire and main reason they made it that far, pushing Price to backup duty that playoffs. But yeah, Rask doesn’t deserve to be sat yet.
I also agree that he doesn’t deserve to be sat yet. Soon, but not yet.

Reactions: Shoebottom88

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
My mother in law coming in today for her birthday/Easter weekend and my wife asked me to bake a cake for her. Had to go to the store to pick up the proper ingredients as she specifically wanted a lemon cake. Anyways, I told my bride I`ll go to store after the game, when it got to 5-2 she said "why don`t you go now, it`s 2-5 Bruins" << yep, she said two five but I let her know that I didn`t get the feeling this one was anywhere near over and I was correct.

An argument can be made it would have been wiser to go to ease the heart rate a bit but....

Is your mother in law from Cape Breton?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Waite till Babcock sees this he will be in the officials ear all night
I would not be surprised if there is a correlation between Bergeron being kicked from face offs and his winning % dropping. Every center cheats to win but if Bergeron cannot it puts him at a disadvantage.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
still wondering what's ailing Bergeron...

His faceoff dominance suggest it's not an upper body thing. His skating hasn't been optimal so I could see it being a lower body thing. Or he could just have the flu. Really hoping it's just that.

With that said, in limited minutes he was dominant in game 4 so that's a good sign given that he just wasn't good in game 3.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
From the Habs board:

« I hate the Bruins more than any team, but I don’t feel bad for the Leafs either. I wasn’t sure what emotions I was feeling but I was hoping Toronto would tie the game but also glad they lost.

I’m so confused »

That made me laugh

Reactions: chrisab123

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
That second goal was terrible.and could have been a real back breaker,he has been at the most part good,he hasn’t been great .

Yeah but that was more blown defense than Rask. He's been great. He's got McAvoy as his only functioning young D man. He could allow 5 softies tonight and I'm still not blaming him.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yeah but that was more blown defense than Rask. He's been great. He's got McAvoy as his only functioning young D man. He could allow 5 softies tonight and I'm still not blaming him.
Really wow why even have a goalie then apparently the D are supposed to stop everything.Lol

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Really wow why even have a goalie then apparently the D are supposed to stop everything.Lol

If they keep allowing shots on net then what's Rask supposed to do? None of the goals have been his fault in this series. That doesn't mean he's going to be blameless as the playoffs go on but I was just illustrating the fact that the Bruins can't rely on Tukka being Tukka in net forever. They need to play like Game 2 tonight.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If they keep allowing shots on net then what's Rask supposed to do? None of the goals have been his fault in this series. That doesn't mean he's going to be blameless as the playoffs go on but I was just illustrating the fact that the Bruins can't rely on Tukka being Tukka in net forever. They need to play like Game 2 tonight.
Stop them that’s a goalies job is it not.Im not blaming him for everything lots of blame to go around for their play at times,plenty Bruins could be better including him.But if you’re ok with him giving up 5 weak goals tonight .I’m wasting my time discussing it with you.So I will move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad