Game 4
Tampa Bay leads series 2-1

7:00PM ET
Joe Louis Arena

spot_joe_louis_arena3.jpg

Last Game
2-0 Victory

Game Day Preview:
The Red Wings received a boost from the boisterous crowd and big early hit by Brendan Smith in Game 3. They're hoping for a similar lift tonight in Game 4 against the Tampa Bay Lightning at Joe Louis Arena (7 p.m., Fox Sports Detroit).

"I think momentum within games sometimes doesn't get enough credit as to how the game ends up being played," Blashill said. "For example, sometimes you can start a game really good and give up a couple of goals out of nowhere and the next thing you know the momentum is going away from you, and vice versa.

"I thought one thing we did good the other night was we started with momentum, a big hit by Smith, and then we kept momentum throughout the game and never let it get away from us."

Said Detroit's Tomas Tatar: "When you're coming out from the tunnel and you see the towels waving around, it's pretty energizing and I think the crowd was really, really good."

The Lightning leads the series 2-1.

Petr Mrazek can expect to face more than 16 shots, like he did in Game 3, when he registered his third shutout in eight playoff starts vs. the Lightning.

The Red Wings can't expect to hold Tyler Johnson's line, with Nikita Kucherov and Alex Killorn, to no shots on goal again. But they need the newly formed line of Justin Abdelkader, Luke Glendening and Riley Sheahan to have another big game.

"I think they're probably pretty disappointed with the outcome of the last game, so they're going to up their game," Smith said. "I guess that Johnson line didn't really get much going last game, so I expect them to have a better effort and come out flying a little bit more. There are some things that we're going to have to do to up our game and make sure we're prepared for it."
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2016/04/red_wings_hoping_lively_crowd.html

Projected Lines:

:wings

Larkin-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Helm-Datsyuk-Richards
Abdelkader-Glendenning-Sheahan
Athanasiou-Andersson-Tatar

Kronwall-Ericsson
DeKeyser-Marchenko
Smith-Green

Mrazek

:bolts

Killorn-Johnson-Kucherov
Palat-Filppula-Drouin
Paquette-Namestnikov-Callahan
Condra-Boyle-Blunden

Hedman-Carle
Garrison-Sustr
Nesterov-Coburn

Bishop

Let's see some more of this!

ImpressionableImmaculateAlabamamapturtle.gif

This fantastic gif brought to you by the amazing FlashyG

:wings:wings LGRW! :wings:wings

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Bring on the bloodbath. Must win here again tonight

Wonder if they're gonna split up Johnson and Kucherov to get at least one of em' away from Sheahan-GD-Abby? Guess we'll see.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Bring on the bloodbath. Must win here again tonight

Wonder if they're gonna split up Johnson and Kucherov to get at least one of em' away from Sheahan-GD-Abby? Guess we'll see.

Doesn't sound like it based on Cooper's comments

As the home team, the Red Wings have the last line change tonight, as they did in Game 3, so it'll be a lot of Glendening's line vs. Johnson's. And coach Jon Cooper's strategy isn't shying away from the matchup.

"As far as my philosophy, it's, 'Let's go boys, man up,' " Cooper said. "Here's who you're playing against. Be better than them.' "

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...-take-sizzle-out-of-lightning-offense/2273770

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
See what happens when Abby isn't played in the top-6 guys??? See??? In all seriousness though, the Abby-Glenny-Sheahan line can turn in to a real nightmare for opposing teams. I like it!!!

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Go wings this could be the last time we see Daytsuk in a home Jersey I have a feeling he will bring it today.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Jurco, Pulkkinen and Quincey skating as extras, as per Ansar Khan, so Pulkkinen isn't going to be in the lineup.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Glad to see the players and coaches acknowledge the crowd in game 3.
As jaded as we are here on HF it's nice to see that Detroit is still passionate and loud come playoff time even if the team did back into the playoffs.

Big game tonight boys! Another clean sheet for Mrazek.
3-0 Wings!
Larkin snip show
Datsyuk wrister
Sheahan garbage goal

WingedWheel1988

The Captain
Jan 29, 2013
Columbus, OH
The key here is to get off to a decent start / not allow an early goal in the first 5-10 minutes of the game, get some hits some shots and the crowd into it. Hoping for a win LGRW

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
As much as I want to be a homer...no way does this series get back to Detroit for Game 6 if they don't win tonight. This is basically the series tonight. No pressure or anything.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
This is gonna be a big one tonight. Huge game! We need more Mrazzle Dazzle. Maybe some magic is in store for us?? I got my Datsyuk tees from his DatsyukApparel site. He had a nice sale. I got the Magic Man shirt and the famous Datsyukian deking shirt.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Jurco, Pulkkinen and Quincey skating as extras, as per Ansar Khan, so Pulkkinen isn't going to be in the lineup.

I heard Pulk could be in. Is this true? I hope not. I don't need to see him slowly skate up the ice and lose the puck along boards or tee up a slapper and miss again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad