ECQF Game 4: Tampa Bay @ Columbus | 7:00PM EDT | CNBC, TVAS, SN360, FS-O, SUN | Elimination Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
hMyUbR2.png

GKKeyK4.png

WpPNjxn.png

VXmwTw3.png

RlL3I5Z.png

YtkUVBy.png

yITHnan.png

2TyuAa8.png

6aEUMtF.png

6ur1J83.png

BLqwEfN.png

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
[QUOTE="CarolinaBlueJacket]Please don't let the Jackets become just another notch in someone else's belt. I often remind myself of the 1st ever CBJ game that was against Chicago. Just a couple minutes in the game and the Jackets go up 1-0, I tell my wife "This is great but it wont last". Then they go up 2-0 a couple of minutes later, I tell my wife, "This team is going to the playoffs!!". Then somehow they go up 3-0 before the 1st is over, I tell my wife "They are going to win the Cup!!!". My buddy and I are high fiving, having a great time. Jackets lost 5-3. They have never recovered![/QUOTE]

Since we are confessing, I was at that game. Jackets are up 3-0 in their inaugural game vs Blackhawks. With two Hawks fans sitting in front of me, I yell a couple times “who’s the expansion team”? Chicago comes back and win. I’ve been CBJ ticket holder for every season since and that single game is a microcosm of nearly 20 years of being a CBJ fan. We have waited nearly 20 years for tonight’s game (eliminating an opponent). We can’t help but expect to lose. Whatever comes of it, the guys like @The Macho Man were roughing us up before the series, but he’s owned up and been a good sport. Just hope that if we pull this out, TB fans rally behind us (who are you going to cheer for Boston? Leafs? Caps? Over CBJ?). If we collapse, I’m behind the Bolts.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I expect Tampa to win this one and then lose the next. As good as Columbus has been, Tampa didn't get 1st overall by luck. I don't think the players will let themselves be embarrassed that badly and will be bringing everything they have tonight.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Will be hard for the Blue Jackets to overcome their missing D quality in this one.
But, if Bob keeps playing lights out, they might be able to steal this one.

Go Columbus!

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
This could be dicier than the other 0-3 situation since the Islanders are relatively healthy

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I feel the Bolts will go all out to get the win, with the season on the line. Jackets will have to play another smart game, great thing for them is that they are home. Favourable matchups and last change should benefit Torts' group.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Will be hard for the Blue Jackets to overcome their missing D quality in this one.
But, if Bob keeps playing lights out, they might be able to steal this one.

Go Columbus!

Isn't Tampa missing Hedman& Strålman?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I don’t expect the lightning to just roll over here. Far from it. But I’m sure Torts will have his team ready to go too.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
[QUOTE="CarolinaBlueJacket]Please don't let the Jackets become just another notch in someone else's belt. I often remind myself of the 1st ever CBJ game that was against Chicago. Just a couple minutes in the game and the Jackets go up 1-0, I tell my wife "This is great but it wont last". Then they go up 2-0 a couple of minutes later, I tell my wife, "This team is going to the playoffs!!". Then somehow they go up 3-0 before the 1st is over, I tell my wife "They are going to win the Cup!!!". My buddy and I are high fiving, having a great time. Jackets lost 5-3. They have never recovered!

Since we are confessing, I was at that game. Jackets are up 3-0 in their inaugural game vs Blackhawks. With two Hawks fans sitting in front of me, I yell a couple times “who’s the expansion team”? Chicago comes back and win. I’ve been CBJ ticket holder for every season since and that single game is a microcosm of nearly 20 years of being a CBJ fan. We have waited nearly 20 years for tonight’s game (eliminating an opponent). We can’t help but expect to lose. Whatever comes of it, the guys like @The Macho Man were roughing us up before the series, but he’s owned up and been a good sport. Just hope that if we pull this out, TB fans rally behind us (who are you going to cheer for Boston? Leafs? Caps? Over CBJ?). If we collapse, I’m behind the Bolts.[/QUOTE]

It's been a tough road for sure. They have trained me to doubt them at every turn. I really don't expect them to win tonight or in Tampa for Game 5. Game 6 is a maybe but if they drop that then it's over. Best thing they can do is win tonight.
They have let us down so many ways over the years... Please Jackets just let us be happy one time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad