ECQF GAME 4 Ottawa (2) at BRUINS (1) 7:30 PM | NESN, USA, SN, TVAS, WBZ=FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Question for you. Would it have made a difference had it been a referee's decision or called down to the ice from the control centre like they would on a goal redirected with a skate or a potential tip above the crossbar? I feel like it's no different other than it being a coaches 'challenge' which I don't like for the reasons mentioned earlier.

I'm not sure I'm following you?

Are you asking if I would look at it differently if the call had come down from TOR, or at the official's request, as opposed to a coach challenging it?

Probably not.

I really couldn't see a referee reviewing the offsides unless it was blatant. They changed the rule about deflecting a puck in with your skate to make it easier to call. The offsides review just feels like it's making things tougher, not easier? If that makes sense.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
You can look at the shot numbers over the series and see how big the impact of losing defensemen has been on Boston.

Despite all the puck luck they've gotten it's pretty clear who has the better lineup right now.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I wouldn't call it an illegal hit to the head, but he definately got a lot of head with that hit. I suspect it's a concussion.

Agreed about fans complaining less with their team wins though, and about your earlier comment about it not typically getting called even though it's clearly interference. I really don't like those hits either.

In the end, the D is aloud to brace for a hit, but Pyatt was completely unsuspecting there, which made it a dangerous hit imo.

I'm not sure what the story is with this? For years D-men would get killed by F's coming in hot on the forecheck, and I don't know if this is the pendulum swinging the other way, but when the D initiates the contact now before the puck arrives, it's almost never called.

Don't know what the thinking is on this?

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
The saltiness is strong.

Karlsson has essentially single-handedly beaten your team while injured this series.

He's been the best player on both ends of the rink bar none.

I don't disagree. But is that saying much? I also don't buy into the he's injured theory anymore. Game one, yes. Game 2 maybe. But no more.

He still is not a generational talent I am sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad