GDT: ECQF Game 4: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Leafs:, | 8pm, | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Marner has a Full NMC, so yeah... he isn't going anywhere.

What was stupid is wasting money on Reaves, Bertuzzi, and Domi when what the Leafs needed was quailty Dmen.

Bertuzzi and Domi are on 1 year deals, they'll be gone by the summer time. Both of them were banking on a long term deal last season but couldn't find anything. I'm sure there will be suiters this summer for their services.

Reaves was just stupid, doesn't move the needle and he's just more of a distraction than a solution.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Marner's dad is probably going to try and fight Matthews after the game.

I know he's small, but f***, Marner take that anger and throw a hit. That's why you f***ing suck in the playoffs. You're tougher on your gloves than you are the other team.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
And as someone who doesn't know Keefe all that well, is there a reason Toronto has kept him through multiple playoff exits? At some point, i think you need to at least try a bit of a hardass coach who has at least been far before and won't baby the players.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
The nose bleeds trying to make some noise while the suits do absolutely nothing lol
an excuse for meetings and talking business. not acutally paying attention to the game. if they wanna do that just have a zoom call meeting at home or go to a restaurant to talk.. its not that hard to figure out. youre there to enjoy the game

Last edited:

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Marner's dad is probably going to try and fight Matthews after the game.

I know he's small, but f***, Marner take that anger and throw a hit. That's why you f***ing suck in the playoffs. You're tougher on your gloves than you are the other team.
After seeing the Stamkos incident last year, I've got 5 bucks on Marnes dad.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Like the Leaf’s are barely generating a drop of offence right now. I wouldn’t even say they are being Swayman’d.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Keefe is f***ing horrible. Seriously, gets outcoached every playoffs. Juggles lines all year long, guys can’t get any chemistry.

Extension or not, both him and Shanahan should be gone if they lose this series. Marner should follow. JT has a year left.

It’s not that they lose. Good teams lose all the time. It’s how they lose. Just completely uninspired.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
idk how you even fix this…. They shoulda went for Matthew tkachuk
I think it starts by getting rid of at least 2 of the big 4 and getting some hard working players. Leafs just seem like a collection of players, there is no identity. If you bring in guys who score less but do the little things better, there might be improvement. Hockey isn't all about scoring goals and looking pretty

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Bertuzzi and Domi are on 1 year deals, they'll be gone by the summer time. Both of them were banking on a long term deal last season but couldn't find anything. I'm sure there will be suiters this summer for their services.

Reaves was just stupid, doesn't move the needle and he's just more of a distraction than a solution.
I don't think any of them move the needle. Domi has had moment this series, and Bertuzzi had some this season, but that's over $5m that you could have used one 1/2 shut down defender depth which would have certainly helped.

But again, the big wigs aren't performing so honestly without them contributing much, you just can't win many games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad