Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 4 - ADIOS SUNRISE - BRUINS LEAD SERIES 3-1

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Shit4brains Felger & Scazz said that McAvoy should be the next captain and that Brad was just acting civilized and responsible now because he's campaigning for the captaincy.
No matter what the guy (Marchy) does, the last few years, etc he
still has morons like that two crapping on him.
I think that IF Bergy retires and IF Brad still plays (I think he will) he'll be
the next captain until he retires. After that, we'll see.
IMHO it would be a huge slap in the face of Marchand to give it to anyone but him.

Felger just says things to stir up shit, and Mazz couldn't pick either Brad Marchand or Charlie McAvoy out of a lineup. Stop listening to these clowns.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You can't play scared. Go for the kill, never give a team any hope.

It isn't a question of playing scared. The team is up 3-1. Why expose their #1C & Captain to Florida's goonery if they don't have to? If the series was tied 3-3 or if the Bs were down 1-3 I'd say fine, play him because at that point there's nothing to risk by letting him play. The Bruins need him more in the later rounds than they do right now.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
It isn't a question of playing scared. The team is up 3-1. Why expose their #1C & Captain to Florida's goonery if they don't have to? If the series was tied 3-3 or if the Bs were down 1-3 I'd say fine, play him because at that point there's nothing to risk by letting him play. The Bruins need him more in the later rounds than they do right now.
Gotta play your best lineup if Bergy is good to go IMO. Don't let them back in the series.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I'm 50/50 on this but whether he plays or not I trust the decision.
This is me. I've said it in other places, but being at 3-1 in the series removes a lot of pressure both the team and Bergeron himself might have felt to play even if he's not fully ready to go. Now if he plays, I'll feel a lot better that he's really ready to play, and not that he's playing because he feels like he needs to.

BosBruin2k

Apr 16, 2013
Any town USA
Shit4brains Felger & Scazz said that McAvoy should be the next captain and that Brad was just acting civilized and responsible now because he's campaigning for the captaincy.
No matter what the guy (Marchy) does, the last few years, etc he
still has morons like that two crapping on him.
I think that IF Bergy retires and IF Brad still plays (I think he will) he'll be
the next captain until he retires. After that, we'll see.
IMHO it would be a huge slap in the face of Marchand to give it to anyone but him.
I change the channel at 2pm, Those guys suck!!! Always find the negative in everything or makeup negatives! Suck it Felger!!

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Not surprised

@Glove Malfunction made a pregame thread

This isn't good.
Was hoping the last game was just minor injury , or overyly exhausted due to being sick, and he just had a crazy few minutes of play and
fighting.
Confident in Swayman, but you always want to go with your best.
Hopefully just needs a day or two for bumps and bruises.

I see Ullmark made it out there, sigh of relief.

Last edited:

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
This isn't good.
Was hoping the last game was just minor injury , or overyly exhausted due to being sick, and he just had a crazy few minutes of play and
fighting.
Confident in Swayman, but you always want to go with your best.
Hopefully just needs a day or two for bumps and bruises.
Ullmark was on the ice later I believe

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
This is me. I've said it in other places, but being at 3-1 in the series removes a lot of pressure both the team and Bergeron himself might have felt to play even if he's not fully ready to go. Now if he plays, I'll feel a lot better that he's really ready to play, and not that he's playing because he feels like he needs to.
Right I just don't want him to rush back, but on the flipside I'm not writing Florida off yet.

Another thought. If Bergeron does come back in game 5, the team better play with the same gumption and not be asleep with the relief of him being on the ice.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
We Bruins fans are truly blessed to have REAL Bruin’s fans giving us pointers

These super fans are extremely knowledgeable and offer great advice.
They show us not only how we should lessen our bias towards the Bruins, but to actually cross the line to the point of being biased and sympathetic towards the opponents.

Next time a Bruins player is laying on the ice gasping for air after being crosschecked in the back well after the whistle, I'll try to be more sympathetic to the player who administered the crosscheck

After all, I don't want to be like a habs or canucks fan:sarcasm:
Well now that's a great point. You don't know what struggles that poor fella (Tkachuk) has gone through in life. I think that Hathaway set him up to hit him like that. You could see the pain and angst in the poor guy's face when he was defending himself (from) Hathaways ribs/kidneys. I hope that MT will be able to go on and survive this injustice. If there was only a way to have a social worker on the ice to help him through this struggle. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: bobbyorr04 and BMC

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Felger just says things to stir up shit, and Mazz couldn't pick either Brad Marchand or Charlie McAvoy out of a lineup. Stop listening to these clowns.
The station was on my car radio because I was driving home while listening to the game the other day. Got home, shut down the car, and ran into the house to watch. So, it was already. on the car radio when I went out. Listening to them was like driving by a car accident slowly and not being able to look away.o_O Even still, I have no problem listening to opposing opinions or thoughts from my own.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad