Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
My wish for game 4 is no JVR please, he was far from awful but I prefer a guy like Lauko who can force the Leafs D into making a play sooner than they would like
Personally I would switch Lauko with Maroon not sure what he is offering the Bruins he played physically the first game the last two not at all ,he’s so frigging slow .

Reactions: JCRO

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Did....did Sheldon Keefe seriously try to imply that Brad Marchand is treated favorably by NHL officials? Did he actually say that?

m7hw6.jpg
You gotta remember these teams think we won the cup because of Daddy Campbell and Timmy's "illegal" pads.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Yeah my sense is JVR won't be back, Lauko probably press box/Providence, Maroon won't be back I don't think (Brazeau time).

So Poitras, Heinen, maybe a young Providence player.

Jake is playing himself right back onto the team.

I'd hoped for a roster spot for a 25g scoring FA, and I want Boqvist back.
Out - Maroon, JVR, Lauko ....

Heinen to be the fill in guy

In Poitras, Merkulo, Lysell, Brazeau

Time to see what the kids have

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
How would Sheldon feel if they ever made it out of the second round when they actually put the whistles away. It's all the same, whining. Bert, Domi- Burrows, Lapierre see the similarity? You can have them on your team if you like, not mine.

Reactions: Gordoff

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
For someone who claims keefe is whining a lot, you are certainly giving Keefe a running for his money in that department.

Sorry I thought it was impressive for once that a coach decided to overwhelmingly compliment our players.
But it wasn't a compliment. Watch again. He was simply trying to frame his words in a way that he could deliver the complaint about the refs without making it a direct assault. It was also parallel to the way @Number8 complimented you. It's no compliment to talk about an elite player and captain in terms of being an elite rat. That was no compliment last night, I watched live and he was being a pickle.

Last edited:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Re Watching game right now & McAvoy was going to go around net and clear puck.It clearly shows Tavares reach with left hand and grab him around hip.See things way more clearly second time watching it with no emotion :laugh:
And had an empty net to shoot at ,not that he would have hit it but still the potential was there to put the game away.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
It's always the same in the playoffs with the extracurriculars, scrums, calls, non-calls, game management, etc. Just beat them on the score board 4 times, that's what important. Every game is a grind and every series is a war. Who would want to play the same group of players 4-7 times in a row, given the choice? The animosity is real.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
are we sure Bussi/DiPietro/Keyser are any better than what we have now

I just know we tried to trade Linus at the deadline and he blocked it. I'm assume they'll try again at the draft. Specially if Sway is about to become the man (as these playoffs are setting up).

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
They had Samsonov listed as the 3rd star of the game. With a .909 save percentage :biglaugh:
And their fans want him gone but only one actually suggested they go to Woll in my reading last night. Feels like they know Samsonov is average, streaky, and their best option hands down. They were practically salivating over Swayman last night. I truly enjoyed reading it all.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
For someone who claims keefe is whining a lot, you are certainly giving Keefe a running for his money in that department.

Sorry I thought it was impressive for once that a coach decided to overwhelmingly compliment our players.
All good.

I don't believe for a second that Keefe meant to compliment Marchand but if you do, that's good.

@Dennis Bonvie rightly reminded me, the B's are up 2-1 and all is good. Ultimately with regards to this series that's all I care about. Although I would like Peeke and Brazzau to get healthy.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Came across this on the leafs website. They could of had Sway. We drafted him one spot after leafs drafted Ian Scott. Mahahaahah

1714065898514.png

Personally I would switch Lauko with Maroon not sure what he is offering the Bruins he played physically the first game the last two not at all ,he’s so frigging slow .
He needs to get his legs I think. Extra day rest will do him good. He is still slow though lol

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I just know we tried to trade Linus at the deadline and he blocked it. I'm assume they'll try again at the draft. Specially if Sway is about to become the man (as these playoffs are setting up).
except Sway is the RFA AND accepted the QO Via arbitration.... there were no takers on Ullmark due TO a NMC.... it wasn't serious consideration but DS had taken inquiries....

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Poitras isn't coming back this year.
Brazeau just starting skating.
Lysell is out hurt in Prov.

As for Georgii? Unless you plan on giving the kid actual minutes, leave him in Prov. He deserves better.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I feel like being GM so here goes 24-25

74-18-88

I resigned JDB

63-13-39

43-Poitras- 11