Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I was furious when Domi knocked Swayman over.

Two things that enraged me: 1) the official holding Swayman back with no call on Domi and 2) Nobody on the Bruins jumped Domi right then & there or hammered him the following period. You can't allow something like that go unpunished. Sway could have been injured by that asshole.

Just thinking about it makes me angry all over again. :madfire:
Maroon was going after Domi but the refs held him back. It got them fired-up tho.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Re Watching game right now & McAvoy was going to go around net and clear puck.It clearly shows Tavares reach with left hand and grab him around hip.See things way more clearly second time watching it with no emotion :laugh:
Yeah he definitely did. I remember thinking it was a penalty but was surprised they made the call at that point. To that point of the game they really had only called ‘one’ penalty against the Leafs, overlooking the automatic delay of game early because they have to call that one.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The Leafs and their fans have to listen to all this nonsense for the next two days, while we might get a few minutes of it on Patriots radio
Not just Leaf fans. I am a 7 decade Bruin fan in Kitchener Ontario. Have to mute the CBC and Sports Net while the Bruin games are on. Some ex NHL pros wining , crying and mashing their teeth plus the other prognosticators. There are a ton of pros that grew up and played minor hockey in the area. Never played for the Leafs but its in their veins. They are so brainwashed into thinking the Leafs will win a cup before they have great grandfathers. Leafs tickets prices 2nd highest in the league. House is full. Novelty hockey. It's like going to an amusement park and not being amused when it's over.

Last edited:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Not just Leaf fans. I am a 7 decade Bruin fan in Kitchener Ontario. Have to mute the CBC and Sports Net while the games are on. Some ex NHL pros wining , crying and mashing their teeth plus the other prognosticators. There are a ton of pros that grew up and played minor hockey in the area. Never played for the Leafs but its in their veins. They are so brainwashed into thinking the Leafs will win a cup before they have great grandfathers. Leafs tickets prices 2nd highest in the league. House is full. Novelty hockey. It's like going to an amusement park and not being amused when it's over.
Yikes. That sounds awful, sorry for you. 😊.

I’ve had on our sports radio at work and I don’t think I’ve heard mention of the hockey game, just NFL draft talk. It will be that way 80-85% of the next few days. Maybe they’ll rip on the Celtics for losing too.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He has some chances the puck just never went in.Leafs are staying close to him as they can however.Edmundson one time was basically holding him down along boards and when Pasta crawled out he was still reaching for him with puck long gone.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This is where your argument falls apart. To think Ferraro is more objective for the Bruins because he works for ESPN is silly. You need to remind yourself of the history of him. Also just working for ESPN making someone more objective is wrong as well. PK Subban is openly rooting for Toronto.

Please remind me.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In fairness to Keefe he’s under incredible pressure and only saves his job with a series win

Burt has been great - if my sources are correct and Toronto is interested in DeBrusk to replace Burt, the Bruins should consider Bringing him back to replace Jake

That would be such a massive upgrade for toronto an a massive downgrade for Boston.

Debrusk is the consummate professional, plays the gritty 200 foot game, no drama. Bertuzzi is an all about me clown. I'd be absolutely disgusted if that happens

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Marchand owning Bertuzzi over and over again this series has been one of it's best sub plots. That play at the end was the perfect exclamation point - Marchand getting gritty and scoring, Bertuzzi left whining and crying
Hey Tyler, Brad is your DADDY!

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
This is the press session from nhl.com. Not sure why it doesn't let me embed video.

Sheldon Keefe | Post Game | Toronto Maple Leafs

Anyway, listen specifically at 1:00 to 1:25. Next generation complaining about Marchand: "He gets calls. It's unbelievable actually. How it goes. I don't think there's another player in the series that gets away with taking out Bertuzzi's legs like that but he does."

Bullshit whining.

Or if we are to use Sheldon's victim logic, as to Bertuzzi there is apparently not another player that gets away with slashing Marchand's hands and wrists in the faceoff circle in Game One at 20:00 of the first period but he does.

Give me a f***ing break.

Oh so he complimented Marchand a bunch of times but disagreed with the one play that actually should have been a penalty on Marchand that wasn’t called?

Idk if that’s whining. He was very complimentary and said he disagreed with 1 call(which he was right about)

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I don't make any changes except for MAYBE replacing Maroon with Lauko. The law offices of Mason and Wotherspoon for the defense!

Bru guys saying Maroon will be stapled to the starting lineup as long as Reeves is. I get that too.

It's awesome watching Maroon go challenge the Leafs bench. Truly awesome.

Reactions: SPV

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
When your team goes 0-5 on the power play and once again doesn't crack two goals in a playoff game the last thing you do is make excuses for them. Just stunning loser mentality shit. Maybe this is why a guy like Mitch Marner disappears every spring. No accountability in Father Flanagan land.
Couldn't be more spot on here. When the coach is afraid to call out his big stars mid series and would rather blame anyone or anything else it's no wonder why they disappear in the playoffs all the time.

Reactions: BMC and EverettMike

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad