Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Both plays Toronto is whining about could have been matching minors. Instead the refs let them play. That's him getting special treatment? Or is it typical playoff hockey?

I also remember him getting crosschecked and no arm going up, but what do I know.

Infinity War was an even better in-theater experience.
Yah I bet - I really enjoy them

the Guardians of the Galaxy were favorites - especially liked Groot and the talking Fox

• Haha
Reactions: KnightofBoston

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
When I saw the play as it happened, I thought it should have been blown dead. After the replay and seeing the blatant trip by Marchand, I was more convinced. Ray Ferraro was at ice level, he saw it the same way.

A similar behind the play scrum happened in the Stars/Vegas game. Refs let them play on, which is usually the case with these types of incidents in the playoffs.

The only reason why the Laffs are mad is because Samsonav let in a horrible goal at the end of the sequence.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

What a road win! Marchand personally won this game. With Debrusk, samsonov & Swayman earning honorable mention. Marchand should’ve had a 4 pt night for that assist on Fredric’s goal by attracting all the attention to his punking of Bertuzzi lol. Love how Bert embellished that trip, there is no way Brad is strong enough to swipe both feet from under Bert and make him fly like that. And that empty net goal was epic: steal from Matthews in own zone, hit the post, steal from Bert, and finally goal. It was fun watching Bert getting schooled by the master of this particular skill set. Bert has so much to learn.

Great game by all. Even JVR had a strong game. Big win despite the zebras best efforts to help the leafs. Keep Swayman in net!
Marchand give Coyle a beauty look shorthanded.Shocked he never buried it.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
So if he calls both guys, that still negates the Freddy goal. But Marchand clearly tripped Bertuzzi (intentionally) after the wrestling match. Should have been good for the extra 2 minutes.
If if if......

If they'd called the high stick on McAvoy in G3.
If they'd not called the extra two on Coyle after getting punched in yap as Marchand is getting slashed on back of leg if G2.
If Tavares hadn't extra sold the light cross check by Gryzlek in Game 2
If
If
If

Could do this all day long.

By the way, I'm not dying on any hill on those examples above - just saying that if you reviewed every call after game, you might make a different decision, which might impact outcome.

You said Marchand was a ref favorite last night and used that Bertuzzi Marchand mix up as an example (during which I already admitted there were several penalties both ways) of how Marchand was treated kindly by refs. Now it's changed to "if they'd matched them there it would have negated Freddy's goal.

Come on man. Bottom line is that you and Sheldon Keefe are wrong and tilting at windmills.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If if if......

If they'd called the high stick on McAvoy in G3.
If they'd not called the extra two on Coyle after getting punched in yap as Marchand is getting slashed on back of leg if G2.
If Tavares hadn't extra sold the light cross check by Gryzlek in Game 2
If
If
If

Could do this all day long.

By the way, I'm not dying on any hill on those examples above - just saying that if you reviewed every call after game, you might make a different decision, which might impact outcome.

You said Marchand was a ref favorite last night and used that Bertuzzi Marchand mix up as an example (during which I already admitted there were several penalties both ways) of how Marchand was treated kindly by refs. Now it's changed to "if they'd matched them there it would have negated Freddy's goal.

Come on man. Bottom line is that you and Sheldon Keefe are wrong and tilting at windmills.

You must have been watching the Jack Edwards/Andy Brickley version of things.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
So if he calls both guys, that still negates the Freddy goal. But Marchand clearly tripped Bertuzzi (intentionally) after the wrestling match. Should have been good for the extra 2 minutes.
And Domi clearly punched Marchy in the back of the head, not once, but twice, and a few other infractions in that game alone, starting with the face off, that he wasn't called for and should have been. It's been pretty equal on the non-calls that would have/could have benefited either team.

If we're going by the letter of the law here, Bertuzzi commits the first foul by willfully engaging and interfering with Marchand as he was trying to go up the ice. Refs decided to let it play out instead and the Leafs/Bertuzzi got taught another lesson - play by the sword, die by the sword.
It reminded me a little of the Matt Cooke one when Marchy and Bergy immediately scored after he left Cooke standing there holding his jock strap.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The Leafs have had 11 powerplays in 3 games & 5 last night.McAvoy took a stick right in the face plain as day as puck passed him in front no call & Monty never said nothing about it postgame.Keefe should blame his goalie not refs.. You should go bye a Leafs jersey man so you are not just trolling us.Seriously do you think people here are going to feel bad or agree with all the extra shit Marchand been putting up with.Bertuzzi engaged him first it's easy to see it & Fk Keefe & the Leafs crying about him.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Footwork by Heinen after mucking on boards was so key to JDB's goal (who has been huuuuge in the first three). Heinen dug puck out and then made a very subtle kick to move the puck to his stick -- which allowed him to get it to Marchy - and then we know the rest. Really smart and effective. Kind of little thing that can get lost, but has huge implications.

I thought that was Coyle.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Got to laugh at Leaf fans. 0/5 on PP, Marner a ghost, Samsanov couldn’t stop a short side mid height shot with no traffic because he was off his angle and it’s the refs fault 😂. They’ll never admit that they need to start looking at their stars and question their playoff capabilities

Reactions: Gordoff and KWbruin

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
And you were watching the Ray Ferraro version, so both fouls offset I guess. Just like Bert and Marchy's did.

One of the first rules when watching hockey:

Situation: Anyone who wants to say Bruins got away with something who then uses Ray Ferraro as their objective expert witness???? Remedy: Ignore the argument.

Why? Ray Ferraro??????? You're using Ray f***ing Ferraro??????????????:laugh: What? PK Subban ignored your call? How about Eddie O, was he busy too?

Quit digging man.

If you think Toronto didn't get better of calls last night? Good for you. Bottom line is Bruins won. Enjoy dissecting all the coulda woulda shoulda situations and let me know the outcome of your simulated playoffs of 2024.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Got to laugh at Leaf fans. 0/5 on PP, Marner a ghost, Samsanov couldn’t stop a short side mid height shot with no traffic because he was off his angle and it’s the refs fault 😂. They’ll never admit that they need to start looking at their stars and question their playoff capabilities
You didn't even need to elaborate, honestly.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Actually he went much further than that. If he'd left it at that, I'd have respect for him. But he didn't.

I'll try to find exact words, but I watched it. He moaned about how Marchand always gets the calls. Said it was unbelievable how he gets all the calls.

He got baited, took the bait, and got hauled on board as well. Unfortunately he's a very subpar fish too, so I guess it's too the fertilizer factory for him. He'll make some good compost, I guess.

Idk just looked it up and this is where he went more in depth

"You've got to recognize he's a world-class player, both in ability and how he plays, in the gamesmanship and everything," Keefe said of Marchand. "It's world class, and he's been in the league long enough, as you can see. ... We have to manage our way through that, avoid putting ourselves in situations where he can put us in those spots. And as far as his game is concerned, I think we've managed that pretty well, for the most part. Obviously, tonight, we make a mistake at a key time that allows him to get the winner."

This? Idk I don’t see what’s wrong with this. Seems pretty complimentary of marchand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad