Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Honestly, I thought both Wotherspoon and Lohrei were overmatched.

But, all I asked for was a win.

Request granted.

Not going to try and argue they were amazing. But I thought they were solid enough. Came into a high pressure situation, first playoff game for both of them, and hung tough. 5v5 on-ice stats:

Lohrei 12-13 shot attempts, 5-7 shots, 2-1 high danger chances, 0-0 goals
Wotherspoon 15-18 shot attempts, 9-7 shots, 1-2 high danger chances, 0-1 goals

That's not bad. Just 3 high danger chances conceded between them, 1 goal against. Yeah you can attribute some of that to their D partners, especially for Mason. Some mistakes were made. But a good effort all the same. For a first game for both of them, I'll take it. Let's see how they go from here.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not going to try and argue they were amazing. But I thought they were solid enough. Came into a high pressure situation, first playoff game for both of them, and hung tough. 5v5 on-ice stats:

Lohrei 12-13 shot attempts, 5-7 shots, 2-1 high danger chances, 0-0 goals
Wotherspoon 15-18 shot attempts, 9-7 shots, 1-2 high danger chances, 0-1 goals

That's not bad. Just 3 high danger chances conceded between them, 1 goal against. Yeah you can attribute some of that to their D partners, especially for Mason. Some mistakes were made. But a good effort all the same. For a first game for both of them, I'll take it. Let's see how they go from here.

Yeah, I didn't think either Spoon or Lohrei was a problem. Were they perfect ? No. But both played better than Gryz has been

And both players were on the ice for 10 more shifts than Shattenkirk, so it seems pretty clear the coach knows who the weakest link on the backend is.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Well Mr Lohrei, you have arrived. We won't see Gryz again. I thought he played good enough to not dress Gryz again. Peeke would dress over Lohrei, though.

Same exact lineup game 4 I assume.

Third pairing had some adventures. But otherwise mostly liked our D tonight.
His stretch pass to JVR for a breakaway was excellent

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
3rd goal was a backbreaker for the Leafs. They got a fortunate PP, converted on it and tied the game with a nice greasy puck-to-the-net goal. Then gave it straight back by coughed up a goal against in less than a minute through simply being outworked down low and losing their defensive shape. The kind of goal that makes coaches livid. Great effort by Heinen, fine finish by Marchand. Apart from some of Sway's stops, that was THE defining moment of the game for me.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Gutsy game by our boys tonight.

Nice to see Captain Marchy back in the mix.
Fair is fair, playoff Jake is an absolute boss.
I liked the D a lot more tonight — too bad about Peeke, but W-Spoon and Lohrei were solid.
Stripes did all they could for Toronto - some soooooooft calls out there tonight.
Sway was excellent.

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
Yeah, I didn't think either Spoon or Lohrei was a problem. Were they perfect ? No. But both played better than Gryz has been

And both players were on the ice for 10 more shifts than Shattenkirk, so it seems pretty clear the coach knows who the weakest link on the backend is.
We are watching different games. Never thought I’d be more excited for when Gryz is back in for Lohrei next game.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Well Mr Lohrei, you have arrived. We won't see Gryz again. I thought he played good enough to not dress Gryz again. Peeke would dress over Lohrei, though.

Same exact lineup game 4 I assume.

Third pairing had some adventures. But otherwise mostly liked our D tonight.
I'm glad he got his first taste- but if Gryzleck had the same night and put em short handed twice he'd get roasted in here

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1714013798655.png

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Keefe is whining about this one and I’m over here still trying to figure how they gave the Bruins a too many men penalty in game 2 when Reaves basically pulled Geekie into the Toronto bench. They even penalized Reaves for it and still upheld the call on Boston.

Huh?

I’ve watched a lot of hockey in my day and I can’t remember ever seeing anything as silly as that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad