ECQF Game 3: Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Florida Panthers | 6:30PM ET | TBS, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

THE STORY IN TORONTO

The Leafs continue to be screwed over by officiating, only receiving 4x as many powerplay minutes as Florida. Sam Bennett was only fined 5K and was not made to perform ritual seppuku as punishment for the most disgraceful hit in NHL history, which you can see here:

tumblr_inline_p7ga67zM2D1r5344l_400.gifv

THE STORY IN SUNRISE

The Florida Panthers are 2 wins away from their first ECF since 1996

7kq1ha.jpg

HpLLi5i.png

zchxxs6.png

s2bsNGN.png

rfMilgD.png

fWuT3g1.png

ipPQxre.png

HZbW6or.png

fnmGPJQ.png

QrDT4P5.png

pjvlMDE.png

wEiATZB.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Winning a playoff round after so many years of losing and choking must've felt good but the over the top celebration thereafter clearly revealed the team (+ management, etc) are pretenders. It's going to require an enormous effort for the Leafs to claw back to par, I don't think anything they've shown us so far indicates they have that in them.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Lol, I don’t recall either guy being particularly kind to the Panthers, though.
Wes MacCauley brother in law hates Sheldone Keefe. Leafs are 0-8 with Wes McCauley as a Ref in the playoffs.

He reffed game 1 of the Leafs Tampa series this year.

Leafs were getting the momentum back in that game down 3-0, came back to make it 3-2 and huge momentum hit by McCabe. Didn't call Tampa slashing on McCabe, but make a phantom slash on Kampf within seconds of the hit.

Tampa goes on to make it 4-2 on the PP, Leafs and Bunting gets rattled by the calls within minutes and headshots Cernak for a 5 min major taking Leafs out of the game for good.

Speculative but teams can absolutely get rattled by bad reffing.

Last edited:

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Old ways open old doors. The Leafs need to keep on doing all those things that brought them to where they are. No change, no diversion.

Just dominance.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wes MacCauley brother in law hates Sheldone Keefe. Leafs are 0-8 with Wes McCauley as a Ref in the playoffs.

He reffed game 1 of the Leafs Tampa series this year.

Leafs were getting the momentum back in that game down 3-0, came back to make it 3-2 and huge momentum hit by McCabe. Didn't call Tampa slashing on McCabe, but make a phantom slash on Kampf within seconds of the hit.

Tampa goes on to make it 4-2 on the PP, Leafs and Bunting gets rattled by the calls within minutes and headshots Cernak for a 5 min major taking Leafs out of the game for good.

Speculative but teams can absolutely get rattled by bad reffing.
Well, whacky conspiracy theories aside, hopefully the power plays don’t continue to favour the Leafs 4-1. I can’t ever recall a team only getting a single penalty in two straight playoff games.
If Florida gets better reffing this game then I like their chances but Toronto has to know this is a must win game. Expecting a close game.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Well, whacky conspiracy theories aside, hopefully the power plays don’t continue to favour the Leafs 4-1. I can’t ever recall a team only getting a single penalty in two straight playoff games.
If Florida gets better reffing this game then I like their chances but Toronto has to know this is a must win game. Expecting a close game.
It’s crazy that the powerplays tonight could be 5-0 Florida and it wouldn’t even up the calls.

But imagine the outrage if the penalties were 8-2 in favour of Florida?!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Toronto just need to keep playing like they have last game. Cats were mostly under siege last game but Bob was able to come up big. It’s been a fun series so far, and am not counting Toronto out yet, but Florida can really put another nail into the coffin with a home win today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad