Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3 FRUSTRAITING - Hogtown 3 BRUINS 2 F - Bruins trail in series 1-2

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Didnt get to watch the game. Saw TO had 2 PP goals and figured they were given those off some sort of Kadri suspension making up nonsense.

Am I wrong?

Refs didn't really sway the balance one way or another.

Our secondary scoring came thru while our top line is stuck in a funk, on both ends of the ice really.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I feel the Bruins are missing a Recchi like personality on and of the ice. The lack of urgency being showed to date is pretty sad. There hasn't been any laying it all out on the line and that is what it takes to win the Cup. Skill alone isn't going to get it done.

When I look back at that 2011 Cup team, they had guys like Seinenberg, Boychuk, Campbell, Thornton,Horton and Lucic who would go out and set the tone physically and also be able to contribute in other ways, this Bruins haven't had anyone show they can provide that, Coyle being the closest without the hits, but he does play a big heavy game along the boards which will wear down the opponent and he has been productive offensively.

Maybe its too much to ask for this current team, do to the way their built and perhaps their to much of a one dimensional team, but his time of year its huge as far as being able to wear down your opponent and making them rush their plays and turning them into turnovers.

Reactions: Spooner st

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I feel the Bruins are missing a Recchi like personality on and of the ice. The lack of urgency being showed to date is pretty sad. There hasn't been any laying it all out on the line and that is what it takes to win the Cup. Skill alone isn't going to get it done.

When I look back at that 2011 Cup team, they had guys like Seinenberg, Boychuk, Campbell, Thornton,Horton and Lucic who would go out and set the tone physically and also be able to contribute in other ways, this Bruins haven't had anyone show they can provide that, Coyle being the closest without the hits, but he does play a big heavy game along the boards which will wear down the opponent and he has been productive offensively.

Maybe its too much to ask for this current team, do to the way their built and perhaps their to much of a one dimensional team, but his time of year its huge as far as being able to wear down your opponent and making them rush their plays and turning them into turnovers.
Definitely not the physical team they had in 2011,game two it was Backes that seemed to give them life physically ,but was kind of a no show last night,and doesn’t appear that he is going to even be in the lineup tomorrow.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I’m still reeling from that poop sandwich that was last nights game. With such little time left in our core, you have to think we get a huge response tomorrow. But who knows I thought we would get commitment last night. Instead we got luke warm whatever.

If players aren’t hurt, there’s no excuse to lose in this round to this team.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I’m still reeling from that poop sandwich that was last nights game. With such little time left in our core, you have to think we get a huge response tomorrow. But who knows I thought we would get commitment last night. Instead we got luke warm whatever.

Yeah I don't agree with your last line. Toronto is a very good team with a good goalie.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

The team while not as good as Boston IMO, certainly isn't a huge underdog in this series. Andersen is playing great. Muzzin was a big add, and the rest of their D seem better than last season, although they still give up a load of chances. Up front, Tavares is making a humongous difference, as is Marner who is eating up Marchand and taking his time to away. They are playing a good series. Bruins for whatever reason decided to bring their C effort in games 1 and 3, and the Krug/Carlo pairing has been a train wreck.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The team while not as good as Boston IMO, certainly isn't a huge underdog in this series. Andersen is playing great. Muzzin was a big add, and the rest of their D seem better than last season, although they still give up a load of chances. Up front, Tavares is making a humongous difference, as is Marner who is eating up Marchand and taking his time to away. They are playing a good series. Bruins for whatever reason decided to bring their C effort in games 1 and 3, and the Krug/Carlo pairing has been a train wreck.

Totally agree here.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
In my view we are allowing Toronto to dictate the style of play. Certainly in games 1 and 3.

Game 2 showed we can dominate this team if we skate, hit, and show more will.

We were outhit by TORONTO last night!!! I know hit statistics can vary by location/tallies by location. That said Toronto was 3rd to last in hits/game in regular season. That may not be ironclad, but it’s a good indicator that meshes with the eye test.

Toronto is NOT by any stretch a hitting/physical team but, again, they absolutely outhit us last night. By allowing that to happen, we allowed Toronto to play their game.

Yes, I know we are not the 2011 Boston Bruins team, but we are a damn good team. In my book that is unacceptable.

If Boston scaled back on the physical game because of an NHL conference call, shame on us.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
In my view we are allowing Toronto to dictate the style of play. Certainly in games 1 and 3.

Game 2 showed we can dominate this team if we skate, hit, and show more will.

We were outhit by TORONTO last night!!! I know hit statistics can vary by location/tallies by location. That said Toronto was 3rd to last in hits/game in regular season. That may not be ironclad, but it’s a good indicator that meshes with the eye test.

Toronto is NOT by any stretch a hitting/physical team but, again, they absolutely outhit us last night. By allowing that to happen, we allowed Toronto to play their game.

Yes, I know we are not the 2011 Boston Bruins team, but we are a damn good team. In my book that is unacceptable.

If Boston scaled back on the physical game because of an NHL conference call, shame on us.

Well, if we get 20th century officiating again, like Game 2, that would be great.

Reactions: Number8

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
They can’t sit Backes.

Backes in for Nordstrom isn’t like putting Reich in for Kessel or Thornton for Seguin.

Especially considering the 4th line isn't bringing the relentless cycle game that they did with Kuraly. At least Backes can help that line do what it's employed to do, keep that puck in the Leafs zone and wear out their D-men.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I wrote this before my back to back to back meetings started this morning and forgot to hit post, so if this has been said, apologies.

If people were expecting an easy series, I'd question if you watched much hockey this year. As soon as this match up was finalized, it was (or should have been) clear that they were in it for the long haul and this series was likely going, at a minimum, 6.

They have looked straight up bad in 2 games, and like the team we watched most of the year in Game 2. Neither team has been able to keep the momentum from game to game, and we can only hope that pattern continues Wednesday and they come out and win the opportunity to go home with momentum on their side.

Toronto is a very good team and this fan base, for the most part, discounted them. The media discounted them. Hell, I think the Bruins themselves discounted them. If they can pull it together quickly and play to their potential, they should win.

In the long run though we shouldn't hope for that NOT to continue since the TML will get to 4 wins before the Bruins...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad