Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3 FRUSTRAITING - Hogtown 3 BRUINS 2 F - Bruins trail in series 1-2

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

This is disgraceful, anybody wondering why I cant stand Cassidy here you go. Backes is there most physical forward, as a group they are not fast enough to try and skate with Toronto, so Cassidy makes the lineup less physical, playing into Babcocks style and Toronto's strength, making himself look like an overrated minor league coach again, because that is what he is.

Because of how well they did with the injuries this year and the regular season record he wont get fired but they will never win a cup with this clown as coach.

Reactions: Strafer and GoBs

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
In my view we are allowing Toronto to dictate the style of play. Certainly in games 1 and 3.

Game 2 showed we can dominate this team if we skate, hit, and show more will.

We were outhit by TORONTO last night!!! I know hit statistics can vary by location/tallies by location. That said Toronto was 3rd to last in hits/game in regular season. That may not be ironclad, but it’s a good indicator that meshes with the eye test.

Toronto is NOT by any stretch a hitting/physical team but, again, they absolutely outhit us last night. By allowing that to happen, we allowed Toronto to play their game.

Yes, I know we are not the 2011 Boston Bruins team, but we are a damn good team. In my book that is unacceptable.

If Boston scaled back on the physical game because of an NHL conference call, shame on us.
Couldn't agree more, the Bruins did not play their game, if they continue to let the Leafs skate around in their end like they did last night, this series will end early and not in their favor. Thankfully, for as bad as they played last night they still had a shot to win it. They need to bring the physical game tomorrow night and lay it all on the table.

Reactions: RIPClaudeJulien

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
This is disgraceful, anybody wondering why I cant stand Cassidy here you go. Backes is there most physical forward, as a group they are not fast enough to try and skate with Toronto, so Cassidy makes the lineup less physical, playing into Babcocks style and Toronto's strength, making himself look like an overrated minor league coach again, because that is what he is.

Because of how well they did with the injuries this year and the regular season record he wont get fired but they will never win a cup with this clown as coach.

Very strong words here.

Maybe they want Backes to recharge his batteries and be ready for Game 5 at home.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Very strong words here.

Maybe they want Backes to recharge his batteries and be ready for Game 5 at home.
I hope so but if that is the case why would you give Toronto the chance to go up 3 to 1 and not ice your best line up for game 4.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I suppose you’re right. The point I was trying to make was that Muzzin took that hit during a puck battle and Krug came over the line with his head down. If you can’t be objective that’s not my problem.

And this is not your board...

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Kuraly reminds me of Manny Malhotra for the Nucks in 11. All I heard was how important he was, how he would take the checking responsibilities off Kesler, etc. And the end result was still the same.

He's a positive impact if he's at 100% and in game shape. But nothing that is going to change the outcome unless the rest of the team steps it up.
Did Sean kuraly lose an eye recently? I don't think Malhotra was even close to the same after that.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

mark stone would sure look good about now.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

Backes is playing

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yes, they might have a breakout game. But then again they might not. Tavares and Marner are a handful - it's asking a lot to contain them and dominate offensively as well. Are they capable of it? Sure, But it's asking a lot.
Pasternac from Bergeron and Marchand !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad