Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - BRUINS fight back - B's 4 Whalercanes 2 - trail series 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Something emotionally would be nice, I am not a fan of whining either but at least let them know you are upset. Staring off in to space and chomping on some ice does nothing.
I don't see how the coach becoming emotionally unhinged helps the team one bit. Especially as there are players like Marchand who would then follow his example and end up taking unnecessary penalties.

Cassidy does express his displeasure with calls; he just doesn't do it in an exaggerated way like some other coaches. Is there evidence that that hurts the team somehow? I'd like to see real proof before I get onboard with that idea.

If he "showed emotion" in the way some fans would prefer, that would make those fans feel better. So what? How you or any of us feel has no impact on whether the team wins or loses.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
No one likes it, but I can kinda understand the reasoning.
I think it was borne out of a clamour years ago to allow linesmen to call majors because they'd see things the refs had missed. Just flagrant stuff. Understandable - but they're not the refs. You're kinda damned if you do, damned if you don't.
You can't undercut the officials completely as it'll just become a cluster and they'll lose autonomy, respect of the players and control of the game.

It ain't perfect, but it's an accommodation
Right, but then Clifton got a minor because a linesman, a linesman mind you, not a referee, incorrectly called a major. Seems fair.

Edit: anyway, no one called anything. They saw blood and retroactively panicked. That's how you lose respect.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
IMO bringing in Wags was a brilliant move.

LOTS of energy.
I have to admit, I was a little skeptical based on the one game where he emptied the tank and hit everything in sight. I questioned whether that's sustainable. He dropped off before. But maybe being sent down was a good wake-up call for him. If he keeps it up, he's a welcome add, and it makes a great story, too.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not to pile on Foligno, but all the justification for the signing was this mythical playoff Foligno, which looks similar to the regular season guy.

He seems like a great teammate and a solid effort, but dude is no better than Backes when we sat him.

Shame to say, yet another pro scouting/contract swing-and-a-miss.

Hope he does something to make us all look stupid for criticizing him but I think he is what is.
Idk why everyone was harping on the “playoff foligno” thing. He’s a career .39 ppg player in the playoffs. Never really been a playoff performer at all in his 58 game playoff career.

I think it was just more that an overwhelming amount of people were so happy with the signing in the offseason that they just continued to make every excuse in the book for him and playoff foligno was the stance they could take.

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Looking at these line-ups, it's so frustrating that they didn't do anything to add to the forward depth at the deadline. I know the thinking at the time was that they were looking to upgrade Haula at 2C but when that didn't pan out, I wish they had taken a flyer on a 3rd line guy like Marcus Johansson. Washington picked him up for a couple of late round draft picks and he's still a solid veteran player that would look pretty good next to Coyle and Smith. And we know he and Coyle had great chemistry in 2019.

Reactions: BMC

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Q4k8tAf.gif

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think Gryz has been more disappointing than Carlo. Gryz just hasn't been as good in transition as he usually is and really looks to be playing scared
Oh I disagree. Almost every goal that pair has allowed has been on Carlo. In G3, Carlo rushed a breakout because Trocheck was about to hit him so he threw it up the boards for a turnover, then Trocheck beat Carlo to the front of the net to put in the rebound. Everyone here says look Grzelcyk is -1, he stinks in the playoffs, but the same thing happened twice in G1.

Grzelcyk has generated more shots on goal 5on5 than any player on the team, forward or defense, and he has the 2nd best shot differential on D.

I think Taylor Hall is in a similar boat. IMO, Hall has been the team's best forward but he's a team worst -6. At least a couple of those goals against I put on Haula for not supporting the D in battles down low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad