Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - BACK ON TRACK - BRUINS 4 Ft. Lauderdale 2 F - BRUINS lead series 2-1

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Couldn't be happier with Hathaway's contributions in the playoffs. He's hitting and wearing the other team down, playing responsible hockey, getting under the skin of the Panthers, and as you point out blocking shots.

All three deadline players are contributing in the playoffs. Not sure if I can ever remember THREE players brought in at the deadline contribute so much. DS' foresight is paying big dividends now that the depth has been needed due to injury and illness.
I remember

Have been more impressed with our bottom 6 than top 6 thus far in the series.

Not saying that the top 6 has been horrible but the fact that the bottom 6 are exceeding my expectations.

Forbort I'd like to see a wee bit more in clearing the net.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
The refereeing was terrible. They let two-handers and shots to the head (i.e. Bennet gave Coyle a two-hander to the side of his neck). But then horseshit calls where Pantys were falling after a shove? The goal against at the end shouldn't have counted since one of the morons in stripes blew the whistle.
The officiating in the NHLoL is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
I'm so f**cking thrilled that the Bruins were the hammer and not the nail for the first time in a long time!
My only gripe is having Pasta out there in the last couple of minutes. He just has no sense of the moment.
I think it was the ref that blew the whistle that also called it a goal what felt like a couple seconds later.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
Jesus, Orlov with those long-range lazer-beam assists to Hall and Pasta. Instant threat. Nearly 700 games in Washington and never had a season of over 35 points, and only three seasons of 30+ pts. He has been impressive. Shows you how team culture and system/coaching style makes a huge difference. And just how good this team is. Far cry from Greg Zanon as deadline D acquisition!!! He genuinely seems to be enjoying himself and his teammates. Like being free to be his full self. Don't know by whom, but man is going to get paid. Turning 32 this summer, so three years on Lindholm who had very similar career offensive numbers (top season 34 pts, three seasons of 30+ points) before becoming a Bruin and look at him now. Bruins pro scouting is simply top notch.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I agree. Logic says give Ullmark 4 days rest, I say go for the probable kill. Also, I do not trust Swayman. Maybe if he had some time in this series, but not coming in cold.
You forget that Swayman won all 3 playoff games last year against Carolina
I agree. Logic says give Ullmark 4 days rest, I say go for the probable kill. Also, I do not trust Swayman. Maybe if he had some time in this series, but not coming in cold.

You forget that Swayman won all 3 playoff games last year while Ullmark struggled. I wouldn't be so dismissive of him, he is more then capable of getting the job done.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
You forget that Swayman won all 3 playoff games last year against Carolina

You forget that Swayman won all 3 playoff games last year while Ullmark struggled. I wouldn't be so dismissive of him, he is more then capable of getting the job done.
I am not totally dismissive of him, but definitely do not trust him in a big game. His angles and rebound control still can go off the boil.

Reactions: Gordoff

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
When the Bruins score the 1st goal this season they are

45-1-3
08B4FEDC-CCDE-4E0B-94BA-73FB653B1793.gif

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I am not totally dismissive of him, but definitely do not trust him in a big game. His angles and rebound control still can go off the boil.

I dont think you like Sway though. I recall if he has a bad game you post about him. If he wins you still have some issue with him.

His stats say he's good enough. You gotta trust it.

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
(2-14). Just now checking the lines. How concerned are those that watched the game about 2 things that stick out to me: Faceoff % and hits? Seemed Florida outmanned Boston just looking at those numbers. FO% I could see with missing 1and 2C, and hits are always suspect when being recorded. Was it as bad as those numbers by themselves look?
The Panthers may have had more hits but the Bruins were easily the harder hitting team this game IMO. Not too concerned about the discrepancy in the totals. Quality over quantity.

Faceoffs are bit more of a concern but not sure what else they can do to get through it other than be patient for Bergeron's return.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I dont think you like Sway though. I recall if he has a bad game you post about him. If he wins you still have some issue with him.

His stats say he's good enough. You gotta trust it.
I am in between on Sway....I think he is a 1b or a very good backup but no, I am not a big fan. If we can win to get to 3-1 I am fine with him, but not in a swing game.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Monty said again today he’s on track for game 5

With all the flip flopping and misdirection regarding injury status and who's gonna play when, I'll believe it when I see #37 and #46 on the bench at puck drop.

I'm done worrying about who's gonna play when. What's done is done so lets worry about winning Game 4 and go from there.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Just delighted with the Team last night everyone raised their game to another level and it paid off despite being down the 1 and 2 Center . Just awesome.

With that said, am I the only one who's worried here? I mean it takes 16 wins to win a cup and we already got bumps a bruises and players sitting out. Not the start your looking for to get through a Stanley Cup run.
Even healthy I worry. It’s so easy to get into a rut, lose confidence or simply be on the bad side of a break or questionable call that is costly. 2-1 series leaves very little cushion.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Taylor Hall has been dialed in every game. Think he deserves more minutes, but it's tough with our LW depth.

If Krech is back, put him with Hall to keep his shooting mentality. I'd even be interested in a 71 - 13 - 46 line if they want to keep Zacha and Coyle in the middle.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I admit I was nervous as hell at the start of the game but when I saw McAvoy just flatten that Panther on the first shift I instantly felt better. I knew even if they lost Florida would have to beat the Bruins because the Bruins weren’t going to beat themselves 2 games in a row.

My guy Charlie Coyle had one of his best games ever as a Bruin I’m so happy & proud of him for stepping up the way he has.
It was amazing to see CC....play the best game of his career.....Man the timing on this was critical for sure. Hope he has a great playoff series.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Reactions: hrdpuk

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Reactions: lopey

Ad