BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 3 7:11 PM - BRUINS at Maple Leafs ( Series tied 1-1 ) - NESN, ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
So surely this is the end of Matt Gryzlyk in Boston. Getting health bombed in game three in a 1-1 first round series says all you need to say given his salary. Same as last year, he just gets hammered on the forecheck until he turns it over every time; just not big enough it seems for his position.

I do admit I’m a bit worried that missing Andrew Peeke is becoming a story line. What does that say about the play of our top 4!

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
So surely this is the end of Matt Gryzlyk in Boston. Getting health bombed in game three in a 1-1 first round series says all you need to say given his salary. Same as last year, he just gets hammered on the forecheck until he turns it over every time; just not big enough it seems for his position.

I do admit I’m a bit worried that missing Andrew Peeke is becoming a story line. What does that say about the play of our top 4!
I have always thought there was virtually zero chance of him being back next year. But I am not sure it's the last of him we've seen this year. Even assuming no more injuries, a good chance Wotherspoon or Lohrei does something to get themselves benched before it's over.

Reactions: bob77

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
The losing coach in this series will be jobless by the end of next week.

Someone please explain to me why Monty went with PP#1 when PP#2 had 3 goals, and they needed a goal to tie Monday night. Plus PP#1 stayed out the nearly the entire PP.

I don't usually criticize coaches, but that was inexplicable.

Monday night they looked like they did against the Caps and Sens. Just no offense whatsoever.

That has to change or this series is over in 5. OTOH, if they find their 5-on-5 offense, the series could be over in 5 in our favor, just as easily.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I have always thought there was virtually zero chance of him being back next year. But I am not sure it's the last of him we've seen this year. Even assuming no more injuries, a good chance Wotherspoon or Lohrei does something to get themselves benched before it's over.

Yeah but Forbort is ready soon

If Nylander is out the whole series, I'm not sure Keefe loses his job.

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Someone please explain to me why Monty went with PP#1 when PP#2 had 3 goals, and they needed a goal to tie Monday night. Plus PP#1 stayed out the nearly the entire PP.

Monday night they looked like they did against the Caps and Sens. Just no offense whatsoever.

That has to change or this series is over in 5. OTOH, if they find their 5-on-5 offense, the series could be over in 5 in our favor, just as easily.
Not that I care, but Monty is fine either way. Still, win the series please

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
So

JVR-Geekie-Freddy
Beecher-Boqvist-Maroon?

Guess that means Heinen still on the 1st? I'm so ready for them to swap Marchand and Heinen.

Reactions: TD Charlie

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Just as we have come to watch Graz fizzle in playoffs, there’s no guarantee Lohreei and Witherspoon don’t fizzle as well.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Just as we have come to watch Graz fizzle in playoffs, there’s no guarantee Lohreei and Witherspoon don’t fizzle as well.
I'd still take the chance. Lohrei can change the game with his skating and offensive instinct and Witherspoon with aggressiveness. Grizz although a great skater seems to take an eternity when he has the puck in his own end, its freaken madding and ive seen enough of him jumping in from the point and hitting the goalie square in the chest.

Reactions: sooshii

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024

And they were out for the whole 2 minutes. I get they're the #1 unit and all, but ti seemed in that situation you have to go with he hot hand. I can see making room for Pasta but otherwise I wanted to see the group that had scored three goals on the ice.

Reactions: DaBroons and BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Try to relax - even Tim Horton's knows the dangers:

1713991533638.jpeg

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
When it's one on one, I find Lohrei to be very good defending. Where he gets in trouble is when he needs to make reads in zone coverage.
He's also prone to soft plays here and there - just losing sharp focus at times - no space for that in the playoffs or against the Leafs. But adrenaline may take care of that tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad