GDT: ECQF: (Game 2 )- Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers, 7pm ET ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Headshot??? LOL!!! Oh you're a Sabres fan, I get it now. Kruger and Granato taught you to be soft as hell and you think that is normal. Hopefully Ruff teaches you how to be a man.
no because our players would actually be in the box for 5 minutes...Dahlin, Benson, and Greenway get penalties just for breathing on opposition they would be kicked out of the game if they got caught headshotting someone because the league has different standards for different teams. Eichel got 2 games for Soderberg running into his back when he was a Sabre.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If Caps are serious about winning they'll take Ovechkin off the PP.

He just adds nothing on there, stands in the blueline when others are working for entry and makes it that much more difficult to even attain offensive zone time. Get youngsters there and forget the Ovechkin one-timer which hasn't worked on the PP for years. OV needs to realize it's time to step aside.
He has manipulated the Caps offensive strategy for 20 years. Gotta say it's a bit surprising they are still letting him do it now when his game is junk.

heatedskates

May 25, 2009
Canada
He has manipulated the Caps offensive strategy for 20 years. Gotta say it's a bit surprising they are still letting him do it when he sucks.
That Gretzky record is pretty important to Ovi and the Organization. Hard one to argue with him about. Definitely hurting their franchise for a couple years though.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That Gretzky record is pretty important to Ovi and the Organization. Hard one to argue with him about. Definitely hurting their franchise for a couple years though.
Don't need to be doing it in a play off series. Let him get his walker
out and stumble after Wayne's record next season.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Come on. The peanut gallery needs OT
chaos.gif

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Wennberg looked shy around Wilson near the blue line and I can’t help but wonder if he was remembering Wilson giving him a concussion in the playoffs while Wennberg was a Blue Jacket. .

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Ovechkin's lack of effort (after a very blameworthy giveaway) to backcheck on that one Rangers goal would get a journeyman benched.
I understand his ultra-high importance in the Capitals franchise history, but I could see their coach biting his lip til it bled after that episode.
Or, is that as fast as he can move now? Fair question, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad