GDT: ECQF: (Game 2 )- Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers, 7pm ET ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5962.jpeg

IMG_5964.jpeg

New York Rangers (M1) vs Washington Capitals (WC2)​

Eastern Conference First Round, Game 2

7 p.m. ET, ESPN, MSG
IMG_5987.gif

IMG_5969.gif

IMG_5967.jpeg

IMG_5424.gif

IMG_5939.jpeg
Capitals Projected Line up

Alex Ovechkin -- Connor McMichael -- T.J. Oshie
Aliaksei Protas -- Dylan Strome -- Tom Wilson
Max Pacioretty -- Hendrix Lapierre -- Sonny Milano
Beck Malenstyn – Nic Dowd – Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Martin Fehervary -- John Carlson
Lucas Johansen -- Trevor van Riemsdyk
Alexander Alexeyev -- Dylan McIlrath

Charlie Lindgren
Darcy Kuemper

Scratched: Michael Sgarbossa, Ivan Miroshnichenko, Hardy Haman Aktell
Injured:
Rasmus Sandin (upper body), Nick Jensen (upper body), Vincent Iorio (upper body)

IMG_5088.png

Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Jack Roslovic
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Will Cuylle -- Alex Wennberg -- Kaapo Kakko
Jimmy Vesey -- Barclay Goodrow -- Matt Rempe

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Braden Schneider
Erik Gustafsson -- Jacob Trouba

Igor Shesterkin
Jonathan Quick

Scratched:
Zac Jones, Jonny Brodzinski, Chad Ruhwedel, Filip Chytil, Louis Domingue, Adam Edstrom
Injured:
Blake Wheeler (lower body)
IMG_5984.gif

IMG_5978.gif

IMG_5977.gif

IMG_4158.png

IMG_4561.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Rangers need to play that same defensively disciplined game again rather than take unnecessary chances to press play. The caps want other teams to take that gamble.
I think the Caps would love it if Rangers played a conservative game. "low event" hockey is a term used a lot w Caps gameplan. Caps have to win games 2-1, seems the only time we score more than 2 is when its 3-1 bc of a ENG

Just do a heavy forecheck, uses your speed and eventually our D will start coughing it up deep.

John Carlsons played close to 28 mins a game for the past 6 games or so.

Please be kind to him in your comments, dude probably lost 20 lbs the past few weeks.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
These are always dangerous games especially in early series'. Rangers the better team in game 1. Big favorites. But the Caps have shown spirited bounce back efforts during their playoff push. Last 2 times they lost after winning 3 in a row like they did at the end of the regular season were both OT games against quality opponents.

Rangers will need a good effort, and the Caps need to find a way to create more and score goals.

It's either "okay this wasn't that easy after all" - game for the Rangers, or the Caps just don't have what it takes.

Weird to see a playoff game with such low betting odds for the home team. I'll probably throw a dart on the OT, not much else to do.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm always more nervous about game 2 than game 1. It's a chance to take a big lead or let the other team get right back in it. Of course, you can say the same thing about game 3 if you're up or down. I really thought the first 4 calls of game 1 were on the softer side, especially after watching the west coast games. But I guess when the pace is that quick you just let a lot more go.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Man we need Sandin and Jensen back.

It was a long shot to begin with, missing 2 top 4 dman makes it near impossible.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Rangers have much better forwards, defensemen, goalies, PP, PK...

The most interesting thing about this series will be whether it ends 4-0 or 4-1.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
It all comes down to whether the rangers can continue to play good team defense, without getting frustrated with low event hockey.

I'm always more nervous about game 2 than game 1. It's a chance to take a big lead or let the other team get right back in it. Of course, you can say the same thing about game 3 if you're up or down.

Each game is more nerve wracking than the previous one. That's playoffs baby.

It's such an emotional roller coaster with huge ups and downs. Here's hoping this one doesn't have those twists and turns and the Rangers just take care of business tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad