Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 2: Rangers @ Capitals 5/4/13 - Lundqvists 0 - Capitals 1

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
Speaking of Holtby I just read this article and it blew me away:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422496
HOLTBY HAS BEEN A FORCE IN GOAL TO LEAD CAPITALS

Like the Rangers offense has been difficult to contain these two games?

I wasn't expecting much from the Rangers this postseason, especially after the season they had. Just sucks they have to be down 2-0 against the caps. Had a caps "fan" tell me yesterday about how great our goalie was, but he couldn't name him. Drives me nuts, if it had been almost any other team in the East I wouldn't be as pissed, almost was expecting it, but not the freakin caps. If the Rangers lose this series it is going to be a much longer summer for me than if they had been swept by almost any other team in the east.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Speaking of Holtby I just read this article and it blew me away:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422496
HOLTBY HAS BEEN A FORCE IN GOAL TO LEAD CAPITALS

Like the Rangers offense has been difficult to contain these two games?

I wasn't expecting much from the Rangers this postseason, especially after the season they had. Just sucks they have to be down 2-0 against the caps. Had a caps "fan" tell me yesterday about how great our goalie was, but he couldn't name him. Drives me nuts, if it had been almost any other team in the East I wouldn't be as pissed, almost was expecting it, but not the freakin caps. If the Rangers lose this series it is going to be a much longer summer for me than if they had been swept by almost any other team in the east.

Would have felt the same way if it were against the Pens. My cousin is a trash talking Pens fan and I just hate that team.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Colour all three zones in blue and you have it right. Puck possession in the offensive zone is just a preparation for the backcheck. A PP is a defensive advantage.

It would be a lot easier to take if actually played good defense. The way we play defense I really see no value in our defensive system. We need to fire Torts and bring in a guy that cares about offense.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
There's nothing complicated about why this team is down 0-2 heading to MSG. It's the same thing that's plagued this team for years now: The Powerplay. 0-7 in two games that were ripe for the taking. 3 chances to take that game on Saturday on the PP and we put up another donut.

If this team is going to continue to play a defensive style of hockey, it needs it's PP to be effective. We simply don't generate enough offense at even strength for it to be as bad as it has been.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
There's nothing complicated about why this team is down 0-2 heading to MSG. It's the same thing that's plagued this team for years now: The Powerplay. 0-7 in two games that were ripe for the taking. 3 chances to take that game on Saturday on the PP and we put up another donut.

If this team is going to continue to play a defensive style of hockey, it needs it's PP to be effective. We simply don't generate enough offense at even strength for it to be as bad as it has been.

Pretty much. I know they had a few good years on the PP here and there but the last time it was truly dominant was '94. That's pretty sad.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Would have felt the same way if it were against the Pens. My cousin is a trash talking Pens fan and I just hate that team.

There are too many reasons to hate the Penguins... tanking for Lemieux, getting Crosby after the Rangers had missed the playoffs the last 7 seasons... the fact that the NHL feels the need to address Tort's postgame swearing for the first time after he bashed their start players (Who didn't smell the BS on that one)... it goes on. Take your pick.

I hate the Capitals but it's not even close.

*Bob Richards*

The Capitals find themselves above the Islanders for me on my hate list.

Pittsburgh.

New Jersey
Philly
Washington

NYI

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The Capitals find themselves above the Islanders for me on my hate list.

Pittsburgh.

New Jersey
Philly
Washington

NYI

Seems like this is the norm for the younger generation.

Ive felt sorry for the Islanders for a long time now. But seeing them in the playoffs has brought back all sorts of memories regarding why I hate them from the days when it was actually a rivalry.

Washington does little to upset me. Its Islanders, Devils, Pittsburgh, Philly for me, but maybe Im showing my age here.

*Bob Richards*

Seems like this is the norm for the younger generation.

Ive felt sorry for the Islanders for a long time now. But seeing them in the playoffs has brought back all sorts of memories regarding why I hate them from the days when it was actually a rivalry.

Washington does little to upset me. Its Islanders, Devils, Pittsburgh, Philly for me, but maybe Im showing my age here.

To put it into perspective, My life has never experienced an Islanders playoff series win. I treat them like the Washington Redskins where I dislike them extremely (being division rivals) but the hate just isn't quite there because of the irrelevancy. Alternatively, my Dad LOATHES the Islanders lol.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
To put it into perspective, My life has never experienced an Islanders playoff series win. I treat them like the Washington Redskins where I dislike them extremely (being division rivals) but the hate just isn't quite there because of the irrelevancy. Alternatively, my Dad LOATHES the Islanders lol.

I was born in '82, started understanding hockey in the late 80's. I got to see some good Ranger/Islander moments during that time.

My father HATES the Islanders beyond belief. He lived through the 4 straight cups, and I think thats all you need to solidify that feeling forever.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I was born in 82.

The Devils? We didn't win a game in something like 24 straight against them in the late 90's.But I respect them and their franchise. They would have landed Mario had Pitt not decided to race to the bottom of the standings that year. They made the playoffs without tanking for high picks.

The Pens are just an unethical, hypocritical, whiny organization. They complain about dirty players yet field Matt Cooke on a gamely basis.

*Bob Richards*

I was born in 82.

The Devils? We didn't win a game in something like 24 straight against them in the late 90's.But I respect them and their franchise. They would have landed Mario had Pitt not decided to race to the bottom of the standings that year. They made the playoffs without tanking for high picks.

The Pens are just an unethical, hypocritical, whiny organization. They complain about dirty players yet field Matt Cooke on a gamely basis.

In regards to the other teams I listed, I do very much respect the Devils and Flyers along with my disdain.

Pittsburgh is an entirely different entity. I despise them up and down from Mario to any homeless squatters who make camp outside the Consol Center.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'll be 30 this year, but I admit that the Islanders rivalry just hasn't been the same for the last 10 years or so. I was 15 and at the infamous Cloutier vs Salo game, and it still sticks in my mind as to what that rivalry could escalate into. I think their lack of success, plus having lived in Pittsburgh for the last 7 years, has bumped the Pens to my "most hated" team. I've been vocal about how Shero has managed to build a solid team around the group of players they sucked enough to acquire, but that doesn't mean I respect those players or the fans. :laugh:

Cake or Death

I don't hate the Islanders at all. I was going to NYI games at the Coliseum in the early 80s and I loved it. Great freakin hockey. And you'd meet Trots, Gillies, Nystrom, Smith, etc, after every game. They'd shoot the ****, sign autographs. I dunno. Was fun. My house was split 2-2 with NYI and NYR fans so we went to both teams' games. I enjoyed it. If the Rangers bow out, I'm gonna pull for the Islanders so a NY team can win. I'm a NYer and wanna see a NY team win. F the rest of the cities.

The Pens are really the only team I ****ing HATE. Ever since they lost on purpose to get Lemieux that franchise has sickened me.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
If you guys lived here you would probably find the caps much higher on your list of disliked teams. Although I don't even hate the caps, I think they are an exciting team to watch and I used to go to a ton of games pre-2009 when tickets were easy to get and the place was empty. I think I hate their "fans" more than the team, but that in turn makes me want to see the team lose.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
This thread is pure gold! Everyone calls the Caps fans fair weather fans and bandwagon jumpers...This lot takes the cake..What a bunch of frauds on here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00