GDT: ECQF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals, 7pm ET, MSG, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I have a different take if the game gets ugly: respond heavily and beat the shit out of the caps in the fights and scrums. No turning the other cheek bullshit and hoping to score on the pp. That's what soft teams do.

We don't need to do that, the Rangers are bigger and tougher than the caps: willie won't go with Rempe so Rempe can square off with mcilrath. Once willie is tangled with an easy target like always, I want the rest of the Rangers to pummel the remaining caps, make ovenchicken, lapierre and strome drop the gloves with a Schneider or Cuylle, make fehervary and carlson defend themselves against Trouba or Goodrow while having to try and play 30 mins. And then again on the next shift. And again.

Nothing solidifies a PO run like going to war together and we have the roster to do it so if the caps want an edge, turn it into a shitshow. And then beat them on the scoreboard with the talent gap.

Wouldn't shock me at all if Rempe goes with Mcilrath and/or Wilson before this series is over. Fights aren't usually foregone conclusions though. Sure there are mismatches but a couple things---McIlrath is a very technical fighter and he punches hard. He's always been that way. He's not a guy who goes wild in a fight. He's balanced and he's really strong. His head is up. He watches and he knows what he's doing. Wilson knocked out Jamie Oleksiak (who is 6'7) a couple years ago. It wasn't fair. He more than less called out Oleksiak as he was coming from an angle behind and about the moment Oleksiak's gloves were coming off he was getting hit in the jaw. Fights aren't always fairly done and something like that tells you something about Wilson. He won't necessarily do it fair.

The Caps can't allow our 4th line to knock them around all series. So it wouldn't surprise me if something happens tonight. That said we have to let our real strengths as a team play out in this series because we're just a better team. I'm not for turning the other cheek but we still have to be smart about what we do......and another object is get through this series (if we can) as quick as possible and hopefully without injuries.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
MH please get your own content...
Well now that you mention it, we won three in a row against Washington in 2015, ditto Pittsburgh, the first two against Montreal in 2014, three in a row against Pittsburgh that year.

When do we not win consecutive games?

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
RangerRempe.jpeg

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
We did that against Tampa!
Yeah idk how he missed that but I’m assuming it’s mental scarring from how theyd always blow game 2 with home ice in the henrik era. Off the top of my head:

Ottawa: won first, lost second
Caps: won first, lost second
NJ: won first, lost second

Flyers: won first, lost second

Penguins: won first, lost second
Caps: lost first, won second
Tampa: won first, lost second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad