GDT: ECQF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals, 7pm ET, MSG, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
It's funny to see the differences in the fan bases. Caps board is so positive (the 5 of them there). Mindset seems to be, if you ignore the fact that we were beat down the entire game, we should have won.

If the Rangers played a game like that, we'd have a 7000 page thread saying it's time to trade and fire everyone.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
IMG_1857.jpeg

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
I have a different take if the game gets ugly: respond heavily and beat the shit out of the caps in the fights and scrums. No turning the other cheek bullshit and hoping to score on the pp. That's what soft teams do.

We don't need to do that, the Rangers are bigger and tougher than the caps: willie won't go with Rempe so Rempe can square off with mcilrath. Once willie is tangled with an easy target like always, I want the rest of the Rangers to pummel the remaining caps, make ovenchicken, lapierre and strome drop the gloves with a Schneider or Cuylle, make fehervary and carlson defend themselves against Trouba or Goodrow while having to try and play 30 mins. And then again on the next shift. And again.

Nothing solidifies a PO run like going to war together and we have the roster to do it so if the caps want an edge, turn it into a shitshow. And then beat them on the scoreboard with the talent gap.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's funny to see the differences in the fan bases. Caps board is so positive (the 5 of them there). Mindset seems to be, if you ignore the fact that we were beat down the entire game, we should have won.

If the Rangers played a game like that, we'd have a 7000 page thread saying it's time to trade and fire everyone.

Expectations of the Caps are non-existent.

Reactions: Bob Richards

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I have a different take if the game gets ugly: respond heavily and beat the shit out of the caps in the fights and scrums. No turning the other cheek bullshit and hoping to score on the pp. That's what soft teams do.

We don't need to do that, the Rangers are bigger and tougher than the caps: willie won't go with Rempe so Rempe can square off with mcilrath. Once willie is tangled with an easy target like always, I want the rest of the Rangers to pummel the remaining caps, make ovenchicken, lapierre and strome drop the gloves with a Schneider or Cuylle, make fehervary and carlson defend themselves against Trouba or Goodrow while having to try and play 30 mins. And then again on the next shift. And again.

Nothing solidifies a PO run like going to war together and we have the roster to do it so if the caps want an edge, turn it into a shitshow. And then beat them on the scoreboard with the talent gap.

What we don't need to do is brawl with them. We are better than them in every aspect, no need to turn the game into something else.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Got some pretty heavy trap game vibes right now. Really hope I am proven wrong.

Go post that crap on the craps board. We don’t need or want that negative energy around here.

Let’s take this game and continue to play the way we did in game one. Keep pressure on them, they can’t keep up if we keep our foot on the gas.

Let’s go Rangers!

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
When I was a youngin playing roller hockey in the 104th league in Queens I had a coach who would call goals "golds". We never figured out if he was just mumbling, actually thought that was the name, or was trolling us - but yeah, "We need some golds today!"

So, in honor of Coach Gus, let's go out there and get some golds, howaboutdat boys?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I expect the Caps to be running around trying to take peoples heads off. It was a relatively easy game 1 in that regard.

Dont get rattled, play your game and KEEP THE SPEED UP.

Dont get lulled into the slow game the Caps want to play, with blocking shots and killing off time and keeping it close until they try to get a lucky goal.

The key is scoring 3 and it will be all series. Get that 3rd one and its likely a win. A PPG for the Rangers would be nice as well.

If the Rangers get up in this game they need to keep the PEDAL DOWN

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Cant rely on the 4th line to play like that every game. Need the top 2 lines to step it up. Looking at Mika and Ros. LGR!

Reactions: yrrebbor

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Got some pretty heavy trap game vibes right now. Really hope I am proven wrong.

There are no trap games in the playoffs lol.

Half assed effort let down? Yeah. There are a couple of things I’ll believe when I see them-

- leafs beating Boston
- Canes not completely falling apart within the first 3 rounds
-Rangers taking charge and choking out an inferior opponent.

Caps are bad enough where the Rangers can win with a sub par effort but it’d be nice for them to just snuff out what ever hope the capitals have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad