Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
If....and I mean a big IF....if someone had the balls to light up Matthews against the boards or even Marner, it would totally change the way the leafs play. They'd be totally distracted.
Matthews disappeared vs FLA last year due to Gudas killing people.

Come on Maroon, be that guy.
Helps to have Barkov on Matthews every shift but I agree with your point.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I would consider DeBrusk, maybe even try Boqvist, his speed might be a asset, I might not have the solution but I know it is not Heinen.
Well Heinen is making league minimum and was signed from a PTO. I think he has, had a remarkable season considering . The forward depth is thin this year and as a result you have Heinen on your first line. In short there is not enough talent to go around , so players are being forced to play above there skill set

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
eh. I think shatty is good with the puck, and he makes nice passes.
And I like sticking with the 3 rights and 3 Lefts on D,
I like 3 R, 3 L on D as well. I think they are just going to plug in Wotherspoon for Peeke and make no other changes. Wotherspoon will help take the extra minutes off Lindholm, Carlo and McAvoy and will allow Monty to limit the minutes for Shatty and Gryz. Even distribution of TOI is key to keeping the D as fresh as possible.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Once RD Peeke showed up Carlo has had to do less and the result is better play

Less gsssed/worn down

Peeke loss gonna hurt

Looked at old scouting stuff on him coming out and a lot of people liked him and his skills

Shows what a shit show Columbus is

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
If Loheri plays it will be instead of Shattenkirk
I can't see them subbing 2 LHD for Peeke and Shatty. Personally I'd move Shatty back to the right side and sit Gryz for Lohrei. Gryz just doesn't play as well when he is rushed, too many turnovers and rushed passes for my liking, Lohrei is probably similar but can provide some offense at least.

Last edited:

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
I thought our D looked shakey especially in the third. It is tough to play one D down and hope Peeke is OK. Bruins have other options if he isn't.

Linus was amazing. Some of those saves were so good.

On to the next.

yikes....:thumbd:

You know that he's gone next season right?

It's objectively a fact. They're not choosing Linus over swayman, and why would they?

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Hopefully the Bruins don't disrespect their opponent as much as some posters in here
There was no reason for them not to win last night. No Nylander. Huge advantage in goal and on defense. You need to win these games to make it a short series. They had rolled them five straight and this loss was about effort and urgency.

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
then who's the next Bruin to team w/ Linus then.... it's not Bussi

I have no idea but Swayman isn't coming back here as a unrestricted free agent to continue to be the essential backup.

Linus was all but traded at the deadline. Are we seriously thinking that he's going to be here and they're gonna let the kid go?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It evens out, though, because other posters here disrespect the Bruins.
Bruins fans are exhausting- even the great Michael Felger agrees with me

I may have to watch the movie hub for a break on sports and see the ending and which one of Zack or Vince ended up banging Amy (Jessica Simpson) in Employee of the Month

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
I can't see them subbing 2 LHD for Peeke and Shatty. Personally I'd move Shatty back to the right side and sit Gryz for Lohrei. Gryz just doesn't play as well when he is rushed, too many turnovers and rushed passes for my liking, Lohrei is probably similar but can provide some offense at least.
FOR GOD SAKES, Remove Gryz from this lineup. Did you see Reaves absolutely plaster him into the boards in the Bruins zone? It is so easy to design a game plan against Gryz in the playoffs. Just hit him and then hit him some more! Then hit him again and again. Pound the s**t out of him. Wake up! He's 5'9" and 180 pounds. No match for Mathews, Tavares or Reaves for that matter. Just keep hitting him and he will wilt or get injured eventually.

I'll take Lohrei any day of the week over Gryz. Lohrei is 6'5" 211. Bruins not winning a cup with Gryz anywhere in the top 4 D. I'd rather throw Mason in there and see what happens.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad