Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
My take yesterday, we need to match the energy with the Leafs. There are no reason for bench minors, that has to stop.

The other thing that needs to happen is some REAL push back when Marchand gets slashed and charged. You cannot let that happen to your captain IMO.
No one wants to touch Bertuzzi or Domi. They both look like they could give someone an std via eye contact. Sorry if this post goes against any rules but it’s true.

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Possibly. There's a pretty high risk/reward there IMO.
I agree with that but imo I think its a risk worth taking. I don't think the Bruins are going very far so why not give Lohrei some time and see how he does. He has great offensive instincts that could really payoff big. As far as Shatty Id leave him in, I like his PP capabilities , but I certainly wouldn't have him out there on the Pk. Hopefully Forbort ready soon and Peeke returns. The one id sit before anyone is Grizz. Ive just seen enough him, he's like a little boy playing among men come playoff time. Id much rather be going with Lohrei and give him the experience and who knows he may just be the shot of adrenaline this team needs.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I agree with that but imo I think its a risk worth taking. I don't think the Bruins are going very far so why not give Lohrei some time and see how he does. He has great offensive instincts that could really payoff big. As far as Shatty Id leave him in, I like his PP capabilities , but I certainly wouldn't have him out there on the Pk. Hopefully Forbort ready seen and Peeke returns. The one id sit before anyone is Grizz. Ive just seen enough him, its like a boy playing among men come playoff time. Id much rather be going with Lohrei and give him the experience and who knows he maybe just the shot of adrenaline this team needs.
I'll buy that. I'm still uneasy about the whole thing but I'll bite.

It's the whole dance with the devil you know mantra for me. I have a pretty good idea of what they're gonna get with Grzelcyk

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
As someone who has been persistently critical of the head coach, Montgomery chose to play Ullmark.

That decision demonstrated intestinal fortitude. He was going to be criticized, and will be, regardless of his decision. I give him sincere credit.

Beyond that, from what I could see, the Bruins played a good game. A structured game. Matthews' got a break, and he made the best of it. Linus played well, and also saved their bacon at least three times. The Bruins also got lucky not having at least two goals allowed.

You can only get so lucky.

It worked out as it did, but I think it was a good game all around for both clubs.

I also think that the decision to go with Ullmark in game 2, with the loss, or certainly if they had won, was a good decision. Now they can go back to Jeremy and see what happens in Toronto. One can argue there is less pressure on both goaltenders because Montgomery chose to alternate them in game one and game two.

Both of these guys have never proven it in the playoffs. Both of these guys seem to require rest and the back and forth in terms of who starts. So I think Montgomery has done the best he can.

Speech to text.

See you in Toronto,

🥅🏒🍸🌜💤🛌😔
Yes, One Day/Game At A Time!

Reactions: BMC and GordonHowe

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'll buy that. I'm still uneasy about the whole thing but I'll bite.

It's the whole dance with the devil you know mantra for me. I have a pretty good idea of what they're gonna get with Grzelcyk
Grizz needs to stop playing pucks back to Leafs D men.Twice he has done that and both times it has hurt them.Go high off glass at least so they need to corral it first and settle it.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I’m a bid Linus guy and he played much better then team infront of me

But the team has more jump at times with Swayman

Swayman is the dawg long term and Bussi ‘my people’ tell me is the real deal and Sweeney & Co knows this and why would have dealt yllmark at Trade Deadline

I go Swayman Wednesday and if he wins and is good he’s back in Saturday
I'm not blaming Ullmark for last night, lots of mistakes (coughing up pucks from our end, Too many men penalties etc) and bad luck (Peeke).
But yes, Ullmark almost traded is on borrowed time here and yes, I think Bussi is the next man up.
Ullmark really doesn't seem to have the same competitive edge that Sway does for the playoffs. Swayman seems to have a bit of Tim Thomas' attitude and aggression. Ullmark, cool as a cucumber but I want to go to war with a guy who will do anything to win.
Like last year, post game Ullmark seemed to hardly be bothered by the loss.
Players like Cam Neely and Tkachuk say that they hated losing more than they love winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad