Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Problem is he is trying to do too much. He was displeased last night the whole game. No smile even when he scored...even in the pregame skate. Something was bothering him. His goal was pretty nice.

I never thought the Bs would get this far (at the start of the season).

They have some very good 3d and 4th line guys who have overachieved all season. Only have 2 real (IMO) top line forward players and they have too much on their backs. I also believe Brad is playing with an injury. He is still very intense and hasn't lost his edge.

I thought the D looked off last night and not just in the third (with Peeke hurt).

Linus made some amazing saves.

Leafs made adjustments and now the Bs must.
I noticed this from my lazy-boy as well. (Lol) And after period one although he had just scored, it seemed like he was on the ice and off it heading down the tunnel before anyone else was aware the period was even over. This with him being seated at the far end of the bench.

I think he's starting to get a little frustrated. Although Zacha is a very good complimentary player he's not a top line guy and Heinen so far these playoffs has been pretty brutal and he's Pasta other line-mate and is far from an elite forward. It has to be frustrating. He's human and he's one of the best players in the world, highly elite and he's imo has been the most aggressive player on that line as well. Pressuring hard on the forecheck and playing the body. That can really wear a player down, same goes for McAvoy in the defensive side.

Ive already decided I'm not expecting a deep run this year, actually winning a round would be Great, hell it would be Great with some sugar on top when its the leaf's, but this off season Sweeney needs to spend his cap space wisely and bring in some top tier talent to play with these two.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Heinen has gone invisible. Marchand has been bad. We have no third line. Lindholm was brutalllllll. In my opinion they lost the game in the early second. They had Toronto Rattled after the late pasta goal. Came out with jump. Had 4 point blank chances and DIDN’T GET A SHOT OFF ON ANY OF THEM! The stupid extra pass or taking a second too long to shoot. They completely folded after that

Lindholm was matched up hard against the Matthews line with heavy d-zone starts. In the limited minutes McAvoy had against Matthews, he faired no better. Bruins just didn't contain that line at all and that's a 5 man failure.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Ullmark was excellent, losing Peeke set them up to give up momentum due to all the PKs, never had a chance after that point because the bruins dont have enough talent to make it out of a hole whether momentum or score sheet wise. Bruins need to get and build leads early otherwise its not going to be a long run.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Brazeau back in would be so huge for us in terms of how it shifts a stinker out of the lineup, and reunites a very good line.

I don't think Lohrei is going to play his first playoff game in Toronto. Gut feel. I got the Linus start decision right. I'm gonna say Lohrei doesn't play game 3.
I agree here for sure.Brasseau adds some more size with hands too.He also probably has that inner burning vs a team that gave up on him.. Lohrei recalled we wrong

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Am I wrong, but it seems to me Samsonov was giving up some juicy rebounds but no Bruins even close to scoop one up and burying one.

Yes he did and that is why I want JVR in for Game 3. Park his butt right in front of Samsonov- if he doesn't score himself he can set a screen for someone else to try. He, Maroon & Brazeau are the only Bs willing to play that way & sadly Brazeau is not available yet.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
You don't think he can be recalled for the press box? If you slide Spoon in or Spoon and Forbort in, you gotta call someone up.
Providence has a bye in the first round of their playoffs. So, at the very least, you can call him up, and have Lohrei travel to Toronto with the team. Same might be all that happens with Forbort. Just traveling with the team.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Looks like Loheri is in tomorrow

I think his ability to retrieve pucks and skate it out off his own end or make the first quick pass will be very beneficial and something the Bruins really lacked in game two. Hell his ability to jump up in the play offensively will help a ton as well. Personally I'd much rather seen him in the line-up from the start of the series before I saw Grizz in there.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask
Feb 25, 2016
What is with these dumb bench penalties? To many men, poor line changes and slow to engage.

Net front presence was invisible. Shattenkirk is awesome on the power play and a great two-way defenceman but against faster or stronger players is a liability. I believe Mason Lohrei's size, speed, and puck handling in and out of the zone would be a better option. He also needs playoff experience to elevate into a top 4 defenseman.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
What is with these dumb bench penalties? To many men, poor line changes and slow to engage.

Net front presence was invisible. Shattenkirk is awesome on the power play and a great two-way defenceman but against faster or stronger players is a liability. I believe Mason Lohrei's size, speed, and puck handling in and out of the zone would be a better option. He also needs playoff experience to elevate into a top 4 defenseman.
You had me until Lohrei. He worries me.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad