Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Florida will mop the floor with either Boston or Toronto. At least we are on the road, we suck at home in big game

Unless this is 2011 redux playoffs run

2011: R1 rival (MTL) > R2 redemption (Philly) > R3 random south team (TB)> Canucks 1.0

2024 R1 rival (Toronto) > R2 redemption (FLA) > random south team (CAR?) > Canucks 2.0

It's written in the stars already :popcorn::naughty:

Reactions: KWbruin and Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Having 2 calls because of too many men was BAD.

It’s 100% unacceptable, even with Reaves pushing Geekie, they just had one previously and the team should be on high alert already, making sure their guy is getting off.

Refs can already be wild cards at times, Bruins cant be giving out free power plays (or negating our power plays) with bad penalties like that.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I don’t think he’s playing lifeless,but to me just seems to have something wrong can’t remember the last time he ripped a shot top,corner can’t do the dipsy doodles anymore just ends up,loosing the puck.But I think the effort is still there.
I believe he is playing with an injury and has been for a few weeks.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Leafs have issues scoring goals in the playoffs. Last night was the first time they mustered 3 goals. Goaltending wasn't an issue for the Bruins last night. Bruins weren't generating enough looks. Power play was brutal. They were a step behind most of the game and lost more puck battles along the boards. Also the Leafs jerks were allowed to be jerks. Like to see more from Maroon if he us going to be out in critical times. At the very least wash a few Leaf faces and let them know you are on the ice. Reaves dragged a Bruin all the way to the Leaf bench to get slapped around. Monty apparently wanted more physicality and wanted the team going harder than the first game. Leafs had an easy time last night. Better find that in the next game.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Leafs have issues scoring goals in the playoffs. Last night was the first time they mustered 3 goals. Goaltending wasn't an issue for the Bruins last night. Bruins weren't generating enough looks. Power play was brutal. They were a step behind most of the game and lost more puck battles along the boards. Also the Leafs jerks were allowed to be jerks. Like to see more from Maroon if he us going to be out in critical times. At the very least wash a few Leaf faces and let them know you are on the ice. Reaves dragged a Bruin all the way to the Leaf bench to get slapped around. Monty apparently wanted more physicality and wanted the team going harder than the first game. Leafs had an easy time last night. Better find that in the next game.
This while missing a 98 point player in Nylander. Things will sure have to change tomorrow night.

Reactions: Gordoff and bobber

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We’re just so outmanned at forward. Heinen, Boqvist, Beecher, Frederic, Maroon, Lauko, and Geekie all wouldn’t crack the Leafs top 9 once Nylander is back.

We have to win with our goaltending and defense, and if our defense is going to play like that then we’re in trouble.
Our D has to be better. Carlo has been very good.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Morning after. Still feels like I need some Pepto. I hate sports and I don’t know why I do this to myself

What has happened to Hampus? He was arguably our best defenseman last year now he stinks.
Playoff Lindholm is pretty gross

But but but, the injury last year!

Gross. He needs to turn it around immediately.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Balance shifted when peeke went down. Our D were exposed to leafs forecheck which I didn’t see coming in this series. Reminder me it last year against cats.
Ullmark played well but that second goal was a back breaker. Hoping Sway can get in the leafs head for the rest of the series.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hope so because the only other alternative is that age is catching up with him. He’s a turnover machine right now.

He's about to turn 36 and has logged some really hard minutes this year.

This is where not having any trust in your 4th line mid-season hurts you in the post-season. Monty didn't trust his 4th line for much of the year for hard defensive match-ups and PK duty, so it fell more on Marchand and Coyle and it's coming back to haunt them now IMO.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
This while missing a 98 point player in Nylander. Things will sure have to change tomorrow night.
Nylander really didn’t look like yesterday that he will be ready to play soon ,skating very gingerly,guess we will see,if he does play Bruins better be hitting him ,although probably won’t.

LondonKnightsRule

Apr 19, 2018
London Ontario
Living in South Western Ontario nothing but Leaf coverage. I understand that. Last night was nothing but Leafs did this leafs did that. Samsonov has found his groove. Hall of Fame...lol.
Matthews with the highlife of the night. Just unbearable. The Leafs are the greatest team of all time. Please Bruins put them out of their misery.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Balance shifted when peeke went down. Our D were exposed to leafs forecheck which I didn’t see coming in this series. Reminder me it last year against cats.
Ullmark played well but that second goal was a back breaker. Hoping Sway can get in the leafs head for the rest of the series.
Leafs forcheck is what did Tampa in last season there quick and move the puck,around well.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Living in South Western Ontario nothing but Leaf coverage. I understand that. Last night was nothing but Leafs did this leafs did that. Samsonov has found his groove. Hall of Fame...lol.
Matthews with the highlife of the night. Just unbearable. The Leafs are the greatest team of all time. Please Bruins put them out of their misery.
Samsonov had a good game but he was hardly tested much really what did the Bruins end up with 20-22 shots ,very few rebound shots or screened shots.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
Heinen has gone invisible. Marchand has been bad. We have no third line. Lindholm was brutalllllll. In my opinion they lost the game in the early second. They had Toronto Rattled after the late pasta goal. Came out with jump. Had 4 point blank chances and DIDN’T GET A SHOT OFF ON ANY OF THEM! The stupid extra pass or taking a second too long to shoot. They completely folded after that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad