Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
First off ...Ullmark had a very good game. Second off ..we fought the puck all night ...didn't win board battles... couldn't clear our zone effectively....not a good recipe for success. Lastly, I can't remember a time when we would send one man in with no support so many times unless we were protecting a lead (which we weren't..we were doing it all game)...no offensive net front presence at all to screen or get dirty goals....the Leafs defense were literally looking around for a man to take in front of their net and their was no one there.....they honestly looked as shocked as I was .... I'm not mentioning the 2 powerplays caused by too many men ....too disappointed to bother.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You can see the difference between DeBrusk and guys like Geekie and Frederic and Heinen once the effort level picks up for the playoffs. Their regular season numbers were all similar with DeBrusk having a bad year and those guys all having great years... but Geekie, Frederic and Heinen with 4 shots combined over 2 games ain't gonna cut it.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
You can see the difference between DeBrusk and guys like Geekie and Frederic and Heinen once the effort level picks up for the playoffs. Their regular season numbers were all similar with DeBrusk having a bad year and those guys all having great years... but Geekie, Frederic and Heinen with 4 shots combined over 2 games ain't gonna cut it.

No question. Debrusk has separated and shows why his next contract is much higher.

Reactions: goldenblack

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Marchand isn't a line driver anymore. But he is the closest they have after Pasta. Don't think that putting him up with Pasta makes that line good enough to have the rest of your forward group be a good third line and two 4th lines.

Fair.

He’s just been pretty pedestrian for the last month or so.

Maybe they can connect for 3 and the 2nd PP can jam home one?

Use the Frederic line to play Matthew’s as much as possible and just focus on defending.

Whatever it is, I think some adjustments will be made.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Gordoff

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
0 pts for “top 6 center” Coyle so far. 2 pts in his last 9 playoff games.

Would like to see more than that even if he has some good shifts. It needs to translate
Was thinking same thing. And he is holding the puck way too long way too often

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
First off ...Ullmark had a very good game. Second off ..we fought the puck all night ...didn't win board battles... couldn't clear our zone effectively....not a good recipe for success. Lastly, I can't remember a time when we would send one man in with no support so many times unless we were protecting a lead (which we weren't..we were doing it all game)...no offensive net front presence at all to screen or get dirty goals....the Leafs defense were literally looking around for a man to take in front of their net and their was no one there.....they honestly looked as shocked as I was .... I'm not mentioning the 2 powerplays caused by too many men ....too disappointed to bother.
All these things are true and were true during the regular season, but because of outstanding goaltending, the BRUINS were still able to win,

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I absolutely couldn’t stand the dive Marchand took. I don’t want my captain doing that at all. Lead by example.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not a great game. Lots of soft performances up and down the lineup. Ullmark was great. I’d be more upset about external factors that I won’t name if Boston deserved the game.

I think at one point when it was 1-1, they put up a stat that showed “high danger chances” 9-3 in favor of Toronto. That told the whole story tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad