Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 4/19 7:41 PM - Waiting for Bergeron - Boston leads series 1-0 - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Hoping for a big game from Frederic tonight as well.

4th line needs to come out and hit everything in sight. I felt they weren't at the top of their game in game 1.

Also, apologies for my part in the likely derailment of the thread. Ya'll know I get wound up.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
In the two morning skate videos posted earlier in the thread, the first one has be concerned Bergeron has concussion symptoms. He looks very groggy and has very poor body language, and they are having him do drills where he twirls and spins, possibly a test for dizziness. He did NOT look good.

Second video, it looked more like a back/rib thing. It looked like he was unable to fully extend in his strides, definitely had limited range and discomfort in his body language on some of his strides, pushes, when stretching/opening up, etc. Also not great.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
In the two morning skate videos posted earlier in the thread, the first one has be concerned Bergeron has concussion symptoms. He looks very groggy and has very poor body language, and they are having him do drills where he twirls and spins, possibly a test for dizziness. He did NOT look good.

Second video, it looked more like a back/rib thing. It looked like he was unable to fully extend in his strides, definitely had limited range and discomfort in his body language on some of his strides, pushes, when stretching/opening up, etc. Also not great.
1681926849663.png

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

But like...if he did just get the bug that went through the team would he not look groggy/be exhausted as well?

Think we're trying a bit to hard to be doctors on here. My guess is they're taking it slow since they're up one game, I bet he plays if the series is 0-1 instead.

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This is devolving quickly and I am unable to delete posts quickly enough to get a handle on this thread.

Locking for now.

Another mod can feel free to reopen.
Thanks Mike.
Ok, lets try this again…

Any personal attacks will be promptly deleted and the responsible poster(s) will be banned from the thread. Consider this the only warning.

No one is happy about the Bergeron situation.

We can’t let this place devolve into a den of mudslinging and slander.

Enjoy the game.
Thanks Mark.

Unfortunately still dealing with real world stuff so was offline awhile.

Folks - please. We are hoping for a long run here. Along with that we would like everyone here to be part of playoffs.

’ You’ gotta get off each others backs. I dont know how else to say it.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
But like...if he did just get the bug that went through the team would he not look groggy/be exhausted as well?

Think we're trying a bit to hard to be doctors. My guess is they're taking it slow since they're up one game, I bet he plays if the series is 0-1 instead.

100%. I think he got the bug just like Pasta did at the last home game. But I also think he's hurt.

That's a combination that can take a lot out of you.

He'll be back. We just gonna win.

DGS

Jan 21, 2014
Portland, OR
Any of you who are very upset about the Bergeron injury really only have one place you can direct your anger, and that is at Patrice Bergeron himself. I'm guessing he has as much decision making clout as Monty or Sweeney in that organization at this point, and if he decided he was willing to accept the relatively low risk of injury for the special moment of playing his likely LAST regular season NHL game in front of his family, in Quebec, against the habs, the rest of the organization said "go ahead, cap". It's clear that in many ways this season and this cup pursuit have been largely about him in the eyes of the team anyway, so who would tell him no if that's what he wanted to do?

Hopefully it's not a big setback and maybe the rest will be good. We should certainly be able to handle Florida without him.

Reactions: BMC and jgatie

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad