ECQF Game 1 : New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins | 7pm EST | ESPN,CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Penguins best offensive players were better than the Rangers best offensive players. Goaltender can't over come that deficit.
That will be the story of the series. In two years that won't be the case, but this year and next... Learning period

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers through they goalie is cold means take shots from as far as you can so the goalie can feel the puck with a few each chest saves before getting in the game. I'm sure he appreciates the warmup.

Reactions: doublechili

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What was interesting about this game is that it was a polar opposite of what happened with the Penguins last year: their top-6 and goalie showed up while their depth was non-existent. I think this was the best Crosby, Malkin, Rust and Guentzel as a group has played since 2017.

Ironically, this was also Pittsburgh's first OT win since 2017.

That will be the story of the series. In two years that won't be the case, but this year and next... Learning period

Idk if it's a learning period issue, I was super impressed with the Rangers young guys today.

It was guys like Panarin and Zibanejad that didn't move the needle in this game. Kakko, Lafreniere and a lot of the other young guys looked really good IMO. Shesterkin stopped over 80 shots.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Bieksa said what everyone was thinking

"Why did Chytil just leave Malkin right when the shot is passed to the point, anybody could have tipped that shot when you aren't being checked"

NOBODY knows what Chytil was doing.
Because he wanted Schneider to look bad on that play when Schneider thought he was there until he wasn't.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Penguins horses came to play. Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, and Rust all were fantastic.

Will the Rangers horses come around?

Penguins won’t win the series without some secondary help. Rangers won’t win without their best players showing up.

Which one happens will determine the series.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
image0.jpeg

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I only caught the last OT period, but I'm kind of surprised that Pittsburgh only had one penalty after 5 periods of play. New York couldn't connect a pass for shit, they're toast if they can't figure it out.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
It's the lack of play making. Rangers on the PP, or on a break away/odd man they are good. 5on5, they still are not very good. They really could use an upgrade at center within the roster, someone who excels at predicting the offensive play developing.

Reactions: Peltz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad