GDT: ECQF Game 1 - CAR vs BOS - Welcome to the Playoffs! Everything is fine.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Hey guys, its finally here. Playoff Season

giphy.gif

And first up for us? Oh come the f*** on, Boston again?

giphy.gif

Alright, fine, well at least we have steady Freddie in net, right?

the-good-place-kristen-bell.gif

You know what, fork it, I've had enough of that damn team and I don't care who we have in net. Its time to end these guys. No Chara, no Tuuka, no excuses. Time to nut up or shut up.

giphy.gif

We had the 3rd best record in the league, proved Raleigh has the best Metro, and arguably the clearest path to the SCF in the Eastern Conference. So ya know what, Boston? Ya know what?

giphy.gif

Lots open at who gives a crap o'clock. Get ya butts out there and lets get ready Raleigh style

giphy.gif

Lets go boys and girls. Real season starts today.

giphy.gif

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Anyone know if this game has sold out yet? Hoping for a heavy Canes crowd but I'm skeptical. Boston fans are the irritating as f***
it isnt sold out. There are about a 500 or so that are still original sales on ticketmaster.

Since the league does not wish for us to have weekend home games, because the big tv markets need the big eye ball games for money purposes, we will likely have a larger contingent of Boston fans there. Despite our atmosphere, week night playoff games arent as rowdy for us. Typically we dont sell out until game day for the 1st couple of rounds anyways.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
92402af2799fb3e234983ed87a12e8e9.gif

Free from the bruins in the playoffs.

giphy.gif
Free free to hang around @hangman005 We got plenty of room on the bandwagon.. though all the nice seats are taken.. We can fit you in luggage.
Let's wreck that Lambo... and teach him that going too fast on the streets is a bad idea.. Our Prius will get us there.!

Also Jarvis needs to do some home cooking..

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I want to see Brady Skjei right from his first shift set the tone for this series like he did against the Rags in the play in round a couple years ago. Go out there and knock the f*** out of Marchand, Haula, Hall, Pastrnak, whoever. Just make one of them ded.

Oh, and as always: If we lose we riot
(but not really, looking at you Vancouver)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
it isnt sold out. There are about a 500 or so that are still original sales on ticketmaster.

Since the league does not wish for us to have weekend home games, because the big tv markets need the big eye ball games for money purposes, we will likely have a larger contingent of Boston fans there. Despite our atmosphere, week night playoff games arent as rowdy for us. Typically we dont sell out until game day for the 1st couple of rounds anyways.
Ticketmaster also set single game tickets at more than 2x the STM price, so I'm not surprised it isn't sold out. Single game tickets are absurd this year.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Free free to hang around @hangman005 We got plenty of room on the bandwagon.. though all the nice seats are taken.. We can fit you in luggage.
Let's wreck that Lambo... and teach him that going too fast on the streets is a bad idea.. Our Prius will get us there.!

Also Jarvis needs to do some home cooking..
I'll be here in spirit and the spirits... just maybe not actually here, as I'll likely be asleep as the games happen in the middle of the night for me... which is actually the middle of day, but seeing as I work nights :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Ticketmaster also set single game tickets at more than 2x the STM price, so I'm not surprised it isn't sold out. Single game tickets are absurd this year.
I dont know much about ticket sales but I dont think Ticketmaster sets those prices. I believe the fees portion is ticketmaster's cut and they may get a small portion of the sales.

I still think the management team is still trying to find ways to build the season ticket base. one way is to, unfortunately, drive up non STM prices. At the same time, the franchise probably recognizes that a good portion of the single game tickets (playoffs especially) go to visiting fans. Visiting fans typically have higher ticket costs anyways so, milk them for all their worth.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
My SO just called. Was supposed to have a new piece of equipment installed at her shop today but the installer cancelled as he was prepping for a "massive tailgate" at the Canes game today. Told her she may want to hold off until Wednesday (if possible) or Friday as this guy may not be too sharp next-day post game.
I wouldn't bank on Wednesday, either.... Probably has another tailgate

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I hate to question RBA, but I can’t see sitting Stepan over Martinook.
I'm sure Stepan will get his chance at some point and do well with it as he has most of the year. We know Marty is one of Rod's guys and I'm sure Rod remembers Marty having an impact on some of the Nashville games last year and that colors his decision. I'd probably rather have Stepan too, but I do think it's a defensible decision and Marty has 5 points in his last 10 games I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad