Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 1 4/20 8:14 PM - THE BEAR has the leafblower ready - NESN, NESN 4K, CBC, TBS, TruTV, MAX, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1713618946763.png

1713618961834.png

Reactions: BMC

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The guy who owns the wine place where I make my wine said Bettman doesn't want a Canadian team to win the Cup. Pretty well insinuated there will be a fix in. Sigh....conspiracy series are everywhere.
Unfortunately, with “game management” and the Tim Peel incident (among other incidents), I will go to my grave believing that the NHL at least tries to influence outcomes if not outright orchestrate them. If I haven’t been so invested in the Bruins for so long, I would have walked away in 2019. 2011 gave me enough of a payoff to keep watching. If the Bruins still hadn’t won the Stanley Cup since 1972, I’d have stopped watching this gong show of a hockey league years ago.

The league is as crooked as Cam Neely’s nose. I’d NEVER bet money on an NHL game.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I’m going to go with Ullmark starting. Why? Dunno. Just don’t. I mean I have a 50/50 chance of being right. Soooooooooooooooo if Ullmark start and the Bruins win I can say ‘Told ya so!’…….aaaaaaaaand if Swayman starts and they lose I can say……… ‘Told ya so!’

Welcome to amounts to the twisted logic in my head. I don’t get out much so………ya know………

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So...Should I bring the baseball bat to today's game?
yes and not that usual whiffle bat I see ya with all the time on TV:)

Father in law coming over to watch the game. Typically I prefer watching alone but my step mother in law on the mainland and I didn`t want him sitting at home alone so..........

Pregame meal for us are Fries, Mozza Sticks, Onion Rings , Coconut Shrimp and a few small Pizza`s, that should keep us happy for one period

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
yes and not that usual whiffle bat I see ya with all the time on TV:)

Father in law coming over to watch the game. Typically I prefer watching alone but my step mother in law on the mainland and I didn`t want him sitting at home alone so..........

Pregame meal for us are Fries, Mozza Sticks, Onion Rings , Coconut Shrimp and a few small Pizza`s, that should keep us happy for one period
Sounds phenomenal!

If you lived just a little closer, I’d drop in and say hello!

Maybe we can make plans for Game 2.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Sounds phenomenal!

If you lived just a little closer, I’d drop in and say hello!

Maybe we can make plans for Game 2.
where do you live again, sorry, totally forgot

Out at Lowe’s for paint and supplies. Everybody decked out with B’s gear

It is time!
as they should be, I have to go up to my storage space to get my huge Bruins banner to hang outside, Mrs. Odaat cringes when I hang it each playoff season but...

8am is a perfectly acceptable time to start the playoff festivities right?
in my drinking days I`d call your 8 am start time as amateur hour, you got something against 6 or 7 am?:sarcasm:

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
where do you live again, sorry, totally forgot
Haha!!! I live in Massachusetts.

I don’t think I’m going to make it to BC before the end of the series :(

The food sounds great though, and talking hockey with you during the game would be fun. Maybe next year…

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Haha!!! I live in Massachusetts.

I don’t think I’m going to make it to BC before the end of the series :(

The food sounds great though, and talking hockey with you during the game would be fun. Maybe next year…
well when you come this way, zip me a message, be sure to get together, I`ve met up with a few B`s fans over the year, a former poster and I even hit the links a few years back, great guy

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Unfortunately, with “game management” and the Tim Peel incident (among other incidents), I will go to my grave believing that the NHL at least tries to influence outcomes if not outright orchestrate them. If I haven’t been so invested in the Bruins for so long, I would have walked away in 2019. 2011 gave me enough of a payoff to keep watching. If the Bruins still hadn’t won the Stanley Cup since 1972, I’d have stopped watching this gong show of a hockey league years ago.

The league is as crooked as Cam Neely’s nose. I’d NEVER bet money on an NHL game.

So, our team doesn't win because the whole league is crooked?

Not a great take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad