Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 1 4/20 8:14 PM - THE BEAR has the leafblower ready - NESN, NESN 4K, CBC, TBS, TruTV, MAX, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
In my opinion, all pressure squarely on the Leafs, tons of money tied up in 4/5 high end talent who haven`t gone beyond the 2nd round in decades.

B`s lost a first ballot HOF`er and what I suspect will be another HOF`er in DK, nobody could have seen 109 pts, show me another team who could have lost their top two C and do what this team has done

I think this season better prepared the B`s for playoff hockey, last year was too easy, had literally zero obstacles outside the early season surgery recovery from a few players and I think never really got battle tested until the playoffs arrived. I had this team as battling for a wild card spot at the beginning of the year.

I still think they simply aren`t gritty enough to go deep but think they will break Leafs fans hearts again this year

My biggest concern is special teams

Maybe if Julien and Cassidy are on the election committee.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Im seeing alot of leafs fans complaining about refs bring in our favour. Am i delusional in thinking we rarely get more pp then the opposition.
In game 6 2019 vs the leafs they literally got 3 powerplays from non penalties. Chara shot the puck in the Bruins bench and they called it delay of game, Coyle had his stick kinda near a leaf that fell over on his own and they called it a trip for no reason and Dermott slewfoot Nordstrom and as Nordstrom was falling backwards his stick hit Dermott. Only Nordstrom was called for a penalty when it clearly should have been on Dermott.

One of the worst officiated games in NHL history and we still won

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
In game 6 2019 vs the leafs they literally got 3 powerplays from non penalties. Chara shot the puck in the Bruins bench and they called it delay of game, Coyle had his stick kinda near a leaf that fell over on his own and they called it a trip for no reason and Dermott slewfoot Nordstrom and as Nordstrom was falling backwards his stick hit Dermott. Only Nordstrom was called for a penalty when it clearly should have been on Dermott.

One of the worst officiated games in NHL history and we still won

No surprise that the one of the officials was Charron. That guy STINKS!

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Is Carlo all set? I havent seen anything

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If Pastrnak has a big series Bruins in 6. If they shut down Pasta going to be a grind
They will be trying to shut Pasta down as he has figured into almost half of the goals scored by the Bs this year. Other players MUST step up. If they do maybe the Leafs will have to spend less time on Pasta.

Last edited:

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
They will be trying to shut Pasta down as he has figured into almost half of the goals scored by the Bs this year. Other payers MUST step up. If they do maybe the Leafs will have to spend less time on Pasta.
This need scoring outside of Pasta , Marchy hopefully comes out of his funk and we need Debrusk, Zacha, Freddy etc. to score at some point.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
As do the Leafs.

Clearly a tough job for the refs since both teams usually have the biased officials against them.
There will be some bad calls. I just hope they are even and not one sided.

Honestly, being a ref or linesman isn't easy. Those stripes have to be in good shape as they are on the ice for the entire game. I don't know their ages but a couple of them aren't so young.

My biggest complaint is when Brad gets cheap shotted all game and no call. We often think 'If Brad had done that, he would get a call from Player Safety". I will say that this happens less often than years past and Brad is getting them to call some of the crap he takes..

IMO many of the refs actually like Brad. You can see them speaking with him and both smiling.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
For me two things come to mind - first, simplify. It was frustrating the past few playoffs watching them pass up shots to try to thread the needle with low percentage tic-tac-toe plays through traffic. Shoot first mentality.
Second, do no harm via self inflicted wounds. This team has the uncanny ability to dominate a game, and then suddenly screw up a good situation. Game management will be key.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Will the secondary scoring show up?

Will they make passes out of their own zone and not get hemmed in under pressure.

If they take care of both of these two things they should have every chance to win.
The bold is my biggest concern at this very moment. It hasnt been as prominent as it had been for much of this year.

Im concerned about the defense as well (and I think this goes a little bit with your second 'thing') Need some guys to show they can punch a little above their weight to take some stress off of the horses.

Reactions: Gordoff

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Im seeing alot of leafs fans complaining about refs bring in our favour. Am i delusional in thinking we rarely get more pp then the opposition.
Already... its not even game 1 yet

Nvm i read toronto boards sometimeas when i want to feel better about life.... and they honestly feel like they should have about 54 mins of powerplay time a game.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
In game 6 2019 vs the leafs they literally got 3 powerplays from non penalties.

The biggest challenging for the Bruins playing any Canadian-based team in the playoffs is the officiating. We've seen it with the Leafs. We've seen it against the Habs. We saw it in 2011 against Vancouver. We also saw it against the Senators in 2017.

The refs always favor the Canadian-based teams when playing the Bruins.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

1713545233561.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad