Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-4-17_20-53-48.png

Reactions: EvilDead

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
They're cheating the forwards back to stop the stretch play Toronto has run on them all series long. Either you stop that and live with a limited forecheck or you give up odd man rushes to have a good forecheck.

When you are in hard on the forecheck, the dmen don't have time to make that pass.

And after you've beat them up against the boards for half a game, they lose focus and have a tough time with that stretch pass even without pressure.

Bottom line, a hard forecheck does wonders.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yes, but playing most of the period in your own zone isn't a good idea either.

Sure, but that's a different issue. That being a complete lack of foot speed getting to loose pucks in their end and then if by some miracle they win the race to a loose puck, they end up failing to clear and starting the entire cycle over again.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
This team needs to get out there and away from their own end for the next ten minutes. And another goal. Or two.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
I posted this just as the last thread was closed.

Pastrnak, Marchand and Bergeron have as many points in 2 periods tonight as they had in the first 3 full games.

Points in first 3 games:
- Pastrnak 1
- Marchand 3
- Bergeron 2

Tonight:
- Pastrnak 2
- Marchand 3
-Bergeron 1

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
When you are in hard on the forecheck, the dmen don't have time to make that pass.

And after you've beat them up against the boards for half a game, they lose focus and have a tough time with that stretch pass even without pressure.

Bottom line, a hard forecheck does wonders.

Yet it left them down in the series 2 to 1 and facing a must win tonight. And yes, I get what you're saying, but they weren't executing it effectively enough, and were giving up constant odd man rushes the other way. It's basically robbing Peter to pay Paul. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Tough spot to be in.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Bruins can't sit back and keep playing like they did in the 2nd...They gotta go at them....Finish every hit, get pucks on net, drive the f***ing net...they can't play the Leafs game...Finish this period strong and finish them. DO NOT GIVE THEM LIFE and let them back in. Shut that shit down. Go at them hungry. Finish this shit right.

LETS f***ING GO BOYS!!!!!!

Reactions: Strafer and Zillah

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Sure, but that's a different issue. That being a complete lack of foot speed getting to loose pucks in their end and then if by some miracle they win the race to a loose puck, they end up failing to clear and starting the entire cycle over again.
I'm just saying if they get their cycle and forecheck going, they play more in the leafs end than in their own. Have the leafs hang on for dear life rather than us. But yes, it's a knife edge!

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
So nervous, today I got like 5 minutes from home and seen my 1st car with one of those leaf flags flying. Neighbor comes home just before the game wearing a Marner jersey. I am surrounded, they have to keep this up, play simple. Keep them to the outside. Something is up with Wags, he is way off all through the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad