Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Matthews being out is totally the only reason the Bruins have scored 2 goals the past 2 games.

Do people not realize how ridiculous that sounds lmao?

I know most are just trolling, but still. Its not even a good effort troll.

Boston better close it out Saturday, or else the excuses will reach National Enquirer levels.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You realize Matthews didn’t play a single game with Joseph Woll in net?

Look at the difference in save percentage between Woll and Samsonov. The difference has been with Woll in net, the Leafs can win with 2 goals.

With Samsonov, they needed 3 min. on his best game.
Here nor there................all I said was his salary is over inflated.......
Good luck in game 7
Cheers!

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
Imagine that and the Leafs have both.

For several years now! And Marner + Tavares! STACKED

001_THN_7113_LR_800x_3557ec3c-6641-4a0a-ac24-1220786c0bae_580x.jpg

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
For several years now! And Marner + Tavares! STACKED

001_THN_7113_LR_800x_3557ec3c-6641-4a0a-ac24-1220786c0bae_580x.jpg

How are Senators fans in here throwing stones? The Leafs are still in their prime.

This take by a Senators ‘analyst’ aged like milk though. At the end of 3 years the Senators are second last in the Atlantic above the rebuilding Habs by 2 points and 24 points behind Toronto.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
How are Senators fans in here throwing stones? The Leafs are still in their prime.

This take by a Senators ‘analyst’ aged like milk though. At the end of 3 years the Senators are second last in the Atlantic above the rebuilding Habs.

That's all they've got.

If Methot really wanted to help his former team, he'd shut his big mouth and join them on D. Can't be worse than what they have, right?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

This take by a Senators ‘analyst’ aged like milk though. At the end of 3 years the Senators are second last in the Atlantic above the rebuilding Habs.

Wait hes a Sens fan? Thats even better. I'll make sure to keep posting this cover of the hockey news for him.

1714738475742.png

The players in this cover might never play a playoff game together 😭

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob Brown

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
That's all they've got.

If Methot really wanted to help his former team, he'd shut his big mouth and join them on D. Can't be worse than what they have, right?

Chychrun wants out just like DeBrincat. Hard for them to stay competitive when all their top draft picks are traded for players who don’t want to be there.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
No chance any team does this. The Bruins wanted this closed down in five, six max.
Now the Leafs only pressure is external (roster changes) but the Bruins need to win or they'll wear these two playoff losses from up 3-1 for decades.
Don’t forget 2019 G7 at home in the cup final. This team underachieved from 2009-2019. But This year and last they’re nowhere near as good as their record. Don’t have the horses come playoff time.
The Leafs are making them suck now
That’s always part of it. Not all of it.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Wait hes a Sens fan? Thats even better. I'll make sure to keep posting this cover of the hockey news for him.

View attachment 864022

The players in this cover might never play a playoff game together 😭

LMAO! Give it a few years. THN might be running the same cover with the same players.

At least Brady lives vicariously through his brother every playoffs.

He'll be in FLA cheering on Matthew just like last year. Book it.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Toronto should trade Matthews. The return would be insane and the team just seems to play better without him, especially in the playoffs. Relying on one guy to do all the scoring doesn't work in the post season and everyone just stands around and expects Matthews to win them the games and he can't... it really would be the best for the franchise to get more balanced that way. Matthews would easily fetch a legitimate #1 + prospects + some scoring depth to the line up.

Nah. Team is better off with him in the long run. This series is not indicative of the true nature of this team.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Leafs are playing with house money. They've been here before. They've played with self doubt for the past 8 years.

This is new for Boston. But the Leafs? This is home.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
What's new for Boston? They've done this exact same series against the Leafs twice before. And they blew a 3-1 lead last year.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Leafs are playing with house money. They've been here before. They've played with self doubt for the past 8 years.

This is new for Boston. But the Leafs? This is home.

The Bruins have lost their last 3 Game 7’s.

They have more pressure because they’re the higher seed at home and likely playing a Leafs team without their best player while choking a 3-1 lead.

Reactions: banks

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Did last night's game really happen or am I still dreaming?

I know this is your first time being a Leaf fan, but we try not to feel hope until the series is over.

We all learn this the hard way our first few times ;)

forget giving the c to matthews when tarvaras is done its nylander who deserves it hes the only one of the core who steps up when there back is against wall constantly thats a captain.

Game 2 happened

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Matthews being out is totally the only reason the Bruins have scored 2 goals the past 2 games.

Do people not realize how ridiculous that sounds lmao?

I know most are just trolling, but still. Its not even a good effort troll.
I mean with him out Toronto has obviously changed their game plan from trying to instigate and open the game up for their offense to a more conservative discipline and defense first mentality (which is tried and true recipe for playoff success). They stopped taking stupid penalties and thinking they could just outscore their mistakes.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I mean with him out Toronto has obviously changed their game plan from trying to instigate and open the game up for their offense to a more conservative discipline and defense first mentality (which is tried and true recipe for playoff success). They stopped taking stupid penalties and thinking they could just outscore their mistakes.
They might be trying to play more conservative without Matthews, but I still think the biggest reason is just Woll being in goal. Hes the complete opposite of Samsonov, and can allow you to play that tighter game. Sure its working for the past 2 games, but its not a recipe for long term success imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad