Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 273 17.6%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
If you were even a moderately close follower of the Bruins you would know the answer to your question. There was no other serious contender for the C. It was his and it was the right decision for this squad at this time.

But thanks for your thoughts.
Not a moderate follower, so just an opinion formed watching the Bruins play over the years.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I'm surprised no one on the Bruins have taken a solid chop on Matthew's wrist yet. They need to slow him down or put him out to win this series. It's pretty obvious if you stop him you can beat the Leafs.

Don’t think he’ll need the wrist to score if Swayman is in a dark quiet room for the rest of the playoffs.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Nylander a possibility for Game 3.

A best of 5 with home ice advantage and Nylander returning is favourable for the Leafs.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I remember when some thought he was as good as Matthews . Good player but Whiff
That's how you sort out those who watch from those who just post for the sake of posting. I actually appreciate them telling us they're morons rather than reading a bunch of their nonsense before reaching that same conclusion. It's a real time saver. :laugh:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Everyone saw Mitch Marner bail on a puck to avoid getting hit and letting the Bruin take it. That didn't surprise me. It's Mitch.
What did surprise me? Listening to Anthony Stewart on SiriusXFM call Marner a confirmed "perimeter player who is not there to take a hit and battle for that puck in the corner. He's there to get points"
Hahaha! Its play offs Stewart you Homer!
Cooley responded with "and how many points does Marner have in the series??"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thaman8765678

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Bruins are still the team to bet on in this series unless Toronto actually puts it away.

It's just history

For Toronto, Marner/Rielly need to show up in this series and if 80-90% Nylander shows up and replaces Robertson, it adds a decent weapon to Toronto's roster.

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
I can't believe Bruins fans think rotating goalies is a good thing. Weird.

My bad.
Obviously you haven’t watched the Bruins much the last two years, so I get it. Their goalie tandem is unique and a huge part of why they’ve been successful.

They abandoned the rotation in the playoffs last year and it bit them in the ass. It’s definitely unconventional, but I’d rather have them go down swinging with what’s worked for two seasons.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bruins are still the team to bet on in this series unless Toronto actually puts it away.

It's just history

For Toronto, Marner/Rielly need to show up in this series and if 80-90% Nylander shows up and replaces Robertson, it adds a decent weapon to Toronto's roster.
Marner the perimeter player is lucky leafs didn't get the Panthers. He's hiding from contact in this series.....see what he does if they win and the Panthers pack attack comes to town .

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad