Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 274 17.7%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Mind boggling decision to start Ullmark last night when Swayman excelled in game 1. Boston’s coach needs to stop galaxy braining here.

Congrats to the Leafs on a much needed win.

100%

and from a bruin's fan perspective, he galaxy brained the line up in game 5 against florida when a lesser, on paper anyways, line up rocked them in game 3 and 4.

so, not a great sign for him moving forward. Didn't they get two too many men on the ice penalties last night too? Tsk tsk

Watched the replay of “The Dive” and it’s worse than I thought. Dude is holding the knee cap of the wrong leg when he got slashed in the hamstring of the other leg.

How the mighty have fallen. They went from a captain like Bergeron who was just all class all the time to that. It’s like going from a Ferrari to a non electric scooter.

to his credit, he took advantage of a totally unforced error in Bert striking him with his stick after the play was dead. Id be annoyed with Bert if he was a bruin and did that to a leaf and got called for it, dive aside.

Similarly, Tavares dove from Gryzz's push. Both captains taking advantage to try and give their team a chance to win. It's part of the game!

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I don't like the Leafs, but you have to admit when they played good.

AM if given the chance will bury the Bruins
I don't think the Bruins can do much, they don't hit hard enough or check hard enough
We will see

• Love
Reactions: HockeyVirus

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
You know you've been playing bad when Max Domi has been outplaying you. As good as the Bertuzzi - Matthews - Domi line has been, Marner needs to be re-united with Matthews to get him going.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You know you've been playing bad when Max Domi has been outplaying you. As good as the Bertuzzi - Matthews - Domi line has been, Marner needs to be re-united with Matthews to get him going.
99% of leaf fans say no thank you.

Matthews is way better away from Marner. When Marner is on his line he plays passive and defers to Mitch. No idea why you would want to weaken the Matthews you saw in games 1 and 2 for Mitch.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I acknowledge the vast majority of neutral fans have commented on how good Matthews played, but the fact I am still reading some posters saying Matthews was invisible or whatever shows why it isn't worth getting worked up in arguments with people who either don't watch the games or don't understand what they are seeing.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Matthews is way better away from Marner. When Marner is on his line he plays passive and defers to Mitch. No idea why you would want to weaken the Matthews you saw in games 1 and 2 for Mitch.
They did put them together for a few shifts last night , to lacklustre results . Maybe you go Tavares , Nylander Marner whenever Sir William returns . But I agree regardless Marner needs to be way better .

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
It's interesting how the Bruins play differently in front of each goalie. Regular season they gave up far more high danger chances with Ullmark in goal. Credit to him for stopping so many high danger chances and having such great stats, but it seems like the team circles the wagons better with Swayman. Also, Swayman plays against Toronto like they stole his lunch money.

Toronto is doing an excellent job of limiting Pasta. Also doing a good job against McAvoy. McAvoy has been a goal black hole in postseason play. Something like 1 goal in last 35 or so playoff games and no goals in what is now approaching 20 playoff games. Giving up breakaways along the way. Overrated.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My god are the bruins soft as ever. Diving all over the place. Trying to embellish calls. Not to mention Maroon hiding in fear of Reaves all game :laugh::laugh:

Bruins are Powerplay merchants
All over the place, or one guy went down easy on a slash?

Let’s not ignore Tavares going down like a sack of potatoes when Grzelcyk leaned on him.

Same thing

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The chaos in front of Samsonov (in the final minutes) was the most glaring incident from last night. Not sure how the league would explain that to the Leafs. The whistle is blown way earlier in that situation, regular season or playoffs. But it involves the Bruins, so who knows...

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

Then if Nylander is back, put Marner on the 3rd line and make him earn his way up the roster.

Domi plays a very good style suited for the playoffs, has 1000x more grit than Marner so leave him with Matthews. Both Domi and Bertuzzi's game seems to compliment Matthews very well.

Reactions: Peasy and BHD

paul9kariya

Jul 15, 2014
Canada
Watched the replay of “The Dive” and it’s worse than I thought. Dude is holding the knee cap of the wrong leg when he got slashed in the hamstring of the other leg.

How the mighty have fallen. They went from a captain like Bergeron who was just all class all the time to that. It’s like going from a Ferrari to a non electric scooter.
I thought this too at first, but if you slow it down you can see the blade of the stick strike his left leg, it's just difficult to see with the black pants/stick. Still a cringe dive that gave me second hand embarrassment watching though.

Edit: Oh, there's a thread. Lol.

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I imagine they'll consider stripping the C off of him this offseason for that.
No one wants that representing their team.
They never should have given it to him in the first place, said it the moment they gave him the C. Not only is he too old, he has 0 leadership skills. McAvoy or Pasta should have been the choices.

Reactions: thegazelle

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They never should have given it to him in the first place, said it the moment they gave him the C. Not only is he too old, he has 0 leadership skills. McAvoy or Pasta should have been the choices.
What is your job in the Bruins organization? I'm very interested to hear what else you have to say regarding the locker room dynamic of the team, which you must know so much about.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
What is your job in the Bruins organization? I'm very interested to hear what else you have to say regarding the locker room dynamic of the team, which you must know so much about.
Don't need to be inside the organization to realize giving a cowardly rat, that cries and whines all game, is a bad idea. McAvoy doesn't look like the same guy he was under Bergeron/Chara's leadership either.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Don't need to be inside the organization to realize giving a cowardly rat, that cries and whines all game, is a bad idea. McAvoy doesn't look like the same guy he was under Bergeron/Chara's leadership either.
Ah, ok then. Opinion invalidated.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Ah, ok then. Opinion invalidated.
So you probably won't run your mouth about other organizations either right ? Based on your logic that you don't have a role in the organization, therefore you are not allowed to critique the organization based on observations you've made ?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So you probably won't run your mouth about other organizations either right ? Based on your logic that you don't have a role in the organization, therefore you are not allowed to critique the organization based on observations you've made ?
I mean, I won't question what happens in their locker room cuz I have no idea what the f*** is happening in it. I think you should check some post history for my stance on the "boo hoo strip Tavares of the C" debate that happened after game 1. You might be surprised wink wink.

Will I rip the on ice performance of teams? If I bear witness to it, sure.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I mean, I won't question what happens in their locker room cuz I have no idea what the f*** is happening in it. I think you should check some post history for my stance on the "boo hoo strip Tavares of the C" debate that happened after game 1. You might be surprised wink wink.

Will I rip the on ice performance of teams? If I bear witness to it, sure.
Tavares isn't Marchand, so comparing the 2 doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Has a team ever given a rat that whines and dives all game the C before ? I get it, he's a veteran and longest serving Bruin, but just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Chara was an intimidating force and an elite player, that played with an edge but also had class. Bergeron was all class, an elite talent that led by example, this guy is the complete opposite. If you're happy with your captain behaving like that, I mean good for you. But it's pretty pathetic tbh. As a rival and playoff opponent, absolutely love it, soft captain = soft team, Bruins getting physically bullied.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad