ECQF Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Leafs lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
2 extra minutes could mean another goal. Or just simply momentum.

Hard to say how it would play out.

And it wasn’t a generous call. I’ve been careful not to get into the after the fact officiating critique but it was a penalty, just like MacAvoy clipping someone was.
I said it was a generous penalty on Matthews since it was called roughing and the refs have let a lot worse roughing calls go away for both teams. If the refs had called 2:00 minutes on Matthews for high sticking I could see that, but to call him for roughing I thought is a stretch.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
I said it was a generous penalty on Matthews since it was called roughing and the refs have let a lot worse roughing calls go away for both teams. If the refs had called 2:00 minutes on Matthews for high sticking I could see that, but to call him for roughing I thought is a stretch.
Yup. Get pissed and high stick someone. Definitely a stretch!

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yup. Get pissed and high stick someone. Definitely a stretch!
Yet in the end the refs called Matthews for roughing instead of high sticking. However like I mentioned several times we saw Pastrnak score on that power play and Bruins fans are still not happy. Your team got the best possible outcome, they also won las night, so be happy and let's move onto Game 5.

Reactions: JustTheStatsMaam

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Yet in the end the refs called Matthews for roughing instead of high sticking. However like I mentioned several times we saw Pastrnak score on that power play and Bruins fans are still not happy. Your team got the best possible outcome, they also won las night, so be happy and let's move onto Game 5.
Jesus, give the ref harping a rest. That should have been a 4 min power play for a high stick. They gave you a 2 min penalty for a rough instead.

Much of your fan base and media was calling for tighter called games after game 2. What do you want?

Reactions: Neely2005

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Jesus, give the ref harping a rest. That should have been a 4 min power play for a high stick. They gave you a 2 min penalty for a rough instead.

Much of your fan base and media was calling for tighter called games after game 2. What do you want?
I'm not the one complaining about the refs saying they should have given Matthews 4:00 minutes instead of 2:00 minutes. It's the Bruins fans on here who are doing that. All I'm doing is pointing out how Boston still scored on that power play and ended up winning the game last night. They should be happy and the are acting like they lost because of it.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I'm not the one complaining about the refs saying they should have given Matthews 4:00 minutes instead of 2:00 minutes. It's the Bruins fans on here who are doing that. All I'm doing is pointing out how Boston still scored on that power play and ended up winning the game last night. They should be happy and the are acting like they lost because of it.
My bad, I couldn't catch up where I left off and I had flash backs to the day following game 2.

Those Bs fans need to chill. Its the *%*^ playoffs, things are called less.

Cannot wait for game 5. This series is a coin flip and I'm scared poopless of Toronto now & in the coming years.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Thought the officiating has been fine in all but game 2. Could have called Matthews for a 4 (if there was blood, I didn't see any though) last night,could have called Marchand for interference on the GWG. Neither was that blatantly horrendous of a missed call IMO.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Thought the officiating has been fine in all but game 2. Could have called Matthews for a 4 (if there was blood, I didn't see any though) last night,could have called Marchand for interference on the GWG. Neither was that blatantly horrendous of a missed call IMO.

Leaf fans on here need to take this up with their own kind

It was said by Andi Petrillo and Dave Feschuk on Leaf lunch today, they never went back to the replay of McAvoy spitting out his tooth, with blood on his mouth at the bench. Both said it could have been 4 minutes, which means maybe another goal and or it takes 2 more minutes away from the Leafs chances.

Should have given Muzzin a match penalty for the slew foot on Marchand, clear as day. Even the commentators were saying how they got away with that one. Anyways calling more penalties benefits the Bruins, could be the worst thing babcock has done to complain.

Game 4 , Rask was so-so. He made one really good save other then that he was average at best. Not like he was standing on his head. Chances in the slot were 15 to 13, so not a real overpowering domination, more like a peripheral team vs a good defending team. Remember it was 5-2 with 8 minutes left, 2 quick ones made a closer game. Bruins could have blown it out in the 1st if not for Andersen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neely2005

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
If the ref ignored it Matthews would have got 4:00 minutes instead of just 2:00 minutes.
It just happened in the sharks-knights game to couture after taking a stick to chops.

Teeth and blood on the ice and blood in his mouth. Two minute minor was called.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
uh I wouldn't sleep on Columbus or NYI for a second
IMG_20190417_230252.jpg
FB_IMG_1554932247099.jpg

Reactions: Grasshopperking

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
My bad, I couldn't catch up where I left off and I had flash backs to the day following game 2.

Those Bs fans need to chill. Its the *%*^ playoffs, things are called less.

Cannot wait for game 5. This series is a coin flip and I'm scared poopless of Toronto now & in the coming years.

Yeah if it’s not this year they will surpass the Bruins soon. Bruins fans are optimistic that next years team could be better with another round of kids pushing to make the roster or push for full time duty and I am with them. But at any point Bergeron and Krejci could start the decline. And it could be a hard decline. Even if you like Studnicka, it would be a boon for him to be able to replace one of those guys. And he sure ain’t replacing both.

Edit: in fairness they get Rask, Backes and Krejci off the books at the same time. So chance for them to make a big move outside of the draft then.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Yeah if it’s not this year they will surpass the Bruins soon. Bruins fans are optimistic that next years team could be better with another round of kids pushing to make the roster or push for full time duty and I am with them. But at any point Bergeron and Krejci could start the decline. And it could be a hard decline. Even if you like Studnicka, it would be a boon for him to be able to replace one of those guys. And he sure ain’t replacing both.
I think we get another 2 years of Bergeron & Marchand at the top of their games before it starts coming back down. I'm a huge Krejci fan too. None of those 3 are really guys that rely on their speed, so I think the decline will be a slower one as well.

I'm optimistic that the Bs will find a way to pass the torch to the next generation over the next 5 years but I certainly feel you.

Reactions: wintersej

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

Oh gotcha. In game 2 that would be nothing. Game 3/4 refs tightened up. Def was overly aggressive by #34 and high. Personally I don’t want him playing physically. I think if he does he will be even more effective. Keep him to the perimeter. And tuukka...stop the puck please.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Leaf fans on here need to take this up with their own kind
Why? There's been complaints on both sides about officiating and this is the series talk thread. This page and the previous had multiple complaints about it, so I offered my thoughts on it not being awful the last 2.

Reactions: LeafsNation75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad