ECQF Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Leafs lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Reactions: rocketdan9

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I feel the same. That said, the Leafs can't seem to contain the Bergeron Line.

But they have? They have problems with doing it consistently.

Bergeron-Marchand-Pasta have 10 points over the two Bruins wins and only 2 in the the games they lost (both coming in Game 1 on Bergeron's PP marker)

Same story as last year. In the Leafs 3 wins that line had 0 points. Containing them is a big key to winning.

Half of their points have also been on the PP.

Reactions: Rob Brown

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Both teams are probably licking their chops to get CBJ next round.

I don't think either will make the mistake Tampa did.

From a Boston POV, Bruins would be going into a series with Columbus as the lessor physical team. And Columbus' top pairing pretty much guarantees that Bergeron line gets broken up. A lot of their physicality/defense advantages against the Leafs go away and Bruins would be looking to win more on their top talent being better than Panarin, Dubois, and Duchene and their bottom 6 not getting totally run over by Jenner, Anderson et al. Chara would go from being dicey against the Leafs to being of real value. Gryz and Krug become people you worry about.

Regardless... neither one of these two teams should be looking ahead!

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
He's not injured, you literally made it up.

Go watch the last game tape. Watch him push off on his skates. He can barely push off when he tries to skate backwards. Watch him let up on almost every hit too. There's an injury he's playing through. They barely used him in the 3rd, and he didn't play the big PK in the 3rd.

He played a whole 30 seconds short handed all game. 6th among forwards and 11th among all Bruins short handed. Normally he'd get so many of those d-zone starts. He's not right.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Go watch the last game tape. Watch him push off on his skates. He can barely push off when he tries to skate backwards. Watch him let up on almost every hit too. There's an injury he's playing through. They barely used him in the 3rd, and he didn't play the big PK in the 3rd.
So you made it up

Reactions: Loosie

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Must win game you're going to play your best PK guy 30 seconds? Come on. Something's wrong.

Previous game only 1 forward had more PK time than him, and only by 6 seconds (Marchy).

Reactions: Neely2005

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He's not injured, you literally made it up.

I do not remember at time that Bergeron was not on the ice in the dying seconds of a big game. Instead Krejci and Nordstrom were out. That to me says he is harbouring something. Take it from Bruin fans he is off and either its the flu or an injury. Then again he has played with like half his body injured before, guy is super human.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Man the minutes don't even concern me, watch the tape yesterday. Literally go to your PVR or download it, and watch him try and push off on his skates. He's got no power in his legs. I don't know if it was late game 3 or early game 4, but something is bothering him. Hopefully something minor.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Bergeron-Marchand-Pasta have 10 points over the two Bruins wins and only 2 in the the games they lost (both coming in Game 1 on Bergeron's PP marker)

Same story as last year. In the Leafs 3 wins that line had 0 points. Containing them is a big key to winning.

Bruins have better depth scoring this year, leafs have better d

And while that line was amazing yes, it was their depth again that was a difference maker when it mattered most. DeBrusk was the MVP in game 7 imo

It’s been that way this year too just with less from the first line and more from the middle 6, and leafs countered with not only better defense but better team d. They’ve been smothering bruins players for longgggg stretches in these first four games

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I do not remember at time that Bergeron was not on the ice in the dying seconds of a big game. Instead Krejci and Nordstrom were out. That to me says he is harbouring something. Take it from Bruin fans he is off and either its the flu or an injury. Than again he has played with like half his body injured before, guy is super human.

He didn't take the dzone faceoff in the must kill PK. That literally never happens. This was in the 3rd, at 5-4. He never saw the ice on that PK either.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Why do you guys even bother engaging in dialogue with posters like that?

I would never say to put them on ignore because then you’d miss out on the lulz, but don’t waste your time conversing with them.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

At 5 on 5 they have mostly contained them. I agree. Bruins getting better support from the rest of their lineup this time around, so far. Except DeBrusk, who was a Leafs killer in a different way last year.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Check the 5x5 TOI. He was just under Marchand. Is Marchand hurt now too? Monsters under the bed.

So the Bruins just decided to cut his ice time by five minutes... right....

He is either sick or injured and the Bruins tried to monitor his ice time with the two goal leads to preserve him for the war not the battle of course.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
People said this about Tampa too.

The second you underestimate your opponent it’s over.
People said this about Tampa too.

The second you underestimate your opponent it’s over.

Yea...this is incredibly foolish. Torts knows how to win and Columbus is a heavy tough team with lots of rest. The bruins are walking a thin line between a healthy line up and losing 4 guys at once. The leafs are getting slammed around by the bruins every night and are bound to lose a body or two before the series is over - or more accurately, have several guys leave the series with injuries even if they don’t sit out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad