Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
I don’t even think the Bruins are that good, but this game had nothing to do with goaltending. Bruins controlled this game and Marchand has been phenomenal the last couple games. I see Leafs fans crapping on Matthews, the guy looked like a gaunt homeless man out there trying not to puke all over the ice. I credit him for trying to push through whatever hes got going on.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yeah the teams are built different. The Leafs were a high scoring team missing one of their key scorers. They’re built to outscore their problems but lost their second best scorer.

It’s probably similar to Boston missing McAvoy or Pastrnak.
🤣 league fans usually wait till they officially eliminated before the excuses start flying.........getting a jump on it ?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Leafs specialty teams are trash. Brodie is awful. Guy was on for every goal against, and looked terrible on all of them.

Also, why didn't Keefe pull the goalie when Leafs were on the PP late? You need 2 goals. 3 minute mark isn't too early. 6 on 4 might have helped. Coaching is trash.

I thought this series would go 6 or 7 games and be a toss up. Instead Leafs have sucked. Tonight, was beyond terrible. They deserved the boos at end of 2nd period. Zero intensity, and no sense of urgency.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Is anyone, anywhere surprised by where this series is right now? The Leafs do not have what it takes to win in the playoffs. If they catch every break and come back to win this series (which will not happen), does anyone believe they can beat the Panthers, Rangers or Hurricanes? They cannot. They're not built or coached for the playoffs. They are the Cowboys of the NHL. Matthews is Dak Prescott. Marner is CD Lamb.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
I'm not making an excuse I f***ing hate the leafs and wish the series was over already.

It's a fact. Shitting your pants and having immense stomach pains is not easy to play through. Sounds like you've never played sports or had food poisoning.
I’ve literally played sports and have had good poison. The excuses regardless if you are a fan or not are atrocious. It’s the playoffs and players have played with far worse. Do you hear yourself right now? Embarrassing

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I keep seeing fans blaming Marner, Tavares or Nylander. But at least these players show up some games.

This has to be the most disappointing "star player" since Joe Thornton come playoff time. Matthew's is doing his annual disappearing act yet again. One of the softest players in the league too.

The tin man puts up most of his points against the bad non playoff teams. It reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys who will beat up on all the bad teams, then lose 1st round come playoff time.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I’ve literally played sports and have had good poison. The excuses regardless if you are a fan or not are atrocious. It’s the playoffs and players have played with far worse. Do you hear yourself right now? Embarrassing
Have you literally?

No I don't hear myself, I don't read my posts out loud.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Too easy/not painful enough. Not happening. We will win the next 2. Deep down you know it’s true :nod:
Nope I would rather not pay for game 7 and want to see the handshakes in person.

I don't know what will happen but that is my wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad