ECQF/ADSF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (A3) Toronto Maple Leafs Part 4 (Series Tied 1-1)

Who wins game 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
What’s his deal? Awful. He’s like wheeler when wheeler sucked. Boston fans would drive him to the airport after one series like that
He definitely needs to be better, but that line composition is problematic. How often does three shoot-first players on the same line work? Having Nylander take a lot of the transition and playmaking duty might help Matthews find his game. I expect Nylander will be playing third line center though, with Marleau and Brown on his wings. One of the worst top nine lines in the league this season, but the line Babcock has gone back to every time Nylander needs to play center.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Boston isn’t even all that tough - outside of Chara. If Toronto stood up for themselves they wouldn’t really have that much trouble
They finished bottom 3 with less than 20 hits per game in the regular season. Physical play is simply not their game.

Boston needs to make it an ugly, chippy and grinding series to beat the leafs. If they try to merely go skill for skill and speed for speed, they will get destroyed.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
What’s his deal? Awful. He’s like wheeler when wheeler sucked. Boston fans would drive him to the airport after one series like that

A lot of his effectiveness comes from getting lost in coverage while his team mates dig pucks out from behind the goal line. Kapanen and Johnsson are not a good winger tandem for him. One or the other is good, not both. He's just not great in tight checking games, he's especially not good against defensively minded forwards. Good in game 1, bad in game 2, but no one was good in game 2, here's hoping Babcock keeps him away from Bergeron in game 3.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Here are the officials for Game 3

upload_2019-4-14_18-8-46-png.214453

ABCUser

Mar 9, 2016
Really, even in the Tavares post game interview, he was crying like a baby about not getting calls. I get their a skilled team and rely on that but it's playoff hockey not figure skating. They really are a seriously whinny team. Just play the game and don't just rely on getting calls and the power play to win.

v4karuna

Apr 23, 2015
Really, even in the Tavares post game interview, he was crying like a baby about not getting calls. I get their a skilled team and rely on that but it's playoff hockey not figure skating. They really are a seriously whinny team. Just play the game and don't just rely on getting calls and the power play to win.

ok then, so maybe cross checking the face should also be allowed like the good old 80's when it was a 2 minute penalty.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

v4karuna

Apr 23, 2015
Bad example to use since Cherry did not have a problem with Logan Couture complaining to the ref on his goalie interference penalty.

Yep, Sportsnet and CBC (hockey night in Canada) has lately been very anti-leaf. The broadcast last night was so terrible, it might as well have been 'Hockey night in Boston'. I started a thread in the leafs forums earlier about this.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

exactly

Muzzin took out Krug

there was not even one teardrop of complaint from the Bruins team nor fans

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Boston isn’t even all that tough - outside of Chara. If Toronto stood up for themselves they wouldn’t really have that much trouble

If ANY team stands up for themselves, it tends to even out that side of play. But it’s got to be done carefully because exacting revenge doesn’t work out too well. I mean look at Kadri being Kadri.

There’s a time and a place and the best way to answer back is through staying the course, hitting hard and consistently without taking liberties or getting out of position.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yep, Sportsnet and CBC (hockey night in Canada) has lately been very anti-leaf. The broadcast last night was so terrible, it might as well have been 'Hockey night in Boston'. I started a thread in the leafs forums earlier about this.
They have been anti Leafs for a while when they keep having Jim Hughson broadcast their games, since it's very well known he hates Toronto.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If ANY team stands up for themselves, it tends to even out that side of play. But it’s got to be done carefully because exacting revenge doesn’t work out too well. I mean look at Kadri being Kadri.

There’s a time and a place and the best way to answer back is through staying the course, hitting hard and consistently without taking liberties or getting out of position.
You don’t have to tell Boston that

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
How dare Tavares say he's not happy about getting a stick in his face, even though in Game 1 we saw both Nylander and Kapanen get penalties for doing that.

Reactions: v4karuna

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

An observation I had last night was that Tavares seemed to play pretty soft. He’s a decent sized guy and he knows what playoff hockey is all about. Seemed more focused on getting hit than battling for the puck or position.

I don’t dismiss that he got sticked and it may warrant a call. Just his overall body of work seemed unengaged.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
exactly

Muzzin took out Krug

there was not even one teardrop of complaint from the Bruins team nor fans

What was there to complain about? That he hit him too hard?

It was the cleanest hit of the night.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
An observation I had last night was that Tavares seemed to play pretty soft. He’s a decent sized guy and he knows what playoff hockey is all about. Seemed more focused on getting hit than battling for the puck or position.

I don’t dismiss that he got sticked and it may warrant a call. Just his overall body of work seemed unengaged.
Tavares had a much better Game 1 and speaking as a Leafs fan I'm not concerned about his overall play.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005

The guy has lived in front of the net all season, has taken a beating and has scored more than a few goals in close.

But, OK.

NORY

Jul 23, 2011
Oakville, Ont
The Bruins have 2 more hits than the Leafs so far this series. Just four more than them last night. The narrative that the Leafs shy away from contact is false. Brown, Muzzin and Kadri have all laid huge hits this series. I even saw Nylander lay a decent one last night.

I don't think it's so much shying away from hitting that's the issue, its being scared of being hit. Countless players on the leafs made gaffes lastnight trying to move the puck to quickly because the didn't want to be hit, especially in the corners and rounding the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad