ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers | Pittsburgh Leads Series 3-2

who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Sid wishes he could grow a beard like Giroux!

Btw, Giroux was able to grow that manbeard as a teenager:

Giroux.jpg

he looks like a greasy 40 year old divorcee that skips out on child support in this picture....

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
not based on any logic here just have a gut feeling that Philly takes this in 6

To be honest I would not be surprised at all The Pens have not looked good for a while. Unless Murray and the Pens D show improvement the result could very well be a Flyers series win.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
I'm just not sure how we match up with 3 lines against the Pens. I have all the confidence in the world that the Couts line and Patrick line can win or at least hold their own, but Hakstol is going to play Flip against one of the Pens top 3 lines and we're going to get destroyed there. That plus the best PP in the league vs one of the worst PKs has me worrying.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don't see how the Penguins don't win this one to be honest. Better coach, stronger scoring depth, better goalie, and the Flyers PK vs Pittsburgh's powerplay is a scary mismatch. Flyers have some great top end talent (not as great), a slight edge on defense, and will give it their all but I don't think it'll be enough.

Reactions: BernieParent

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I don't see how the Penguins don't win this one to be honest. Better coach, stronger scoring depth, better goalie, and the Flyers PK vs Pittsburgh's powerplay is a scary mismatch. Flyers have some great top end talent (not as great), a slight edge on defense, and will give it their all but I don't think it'll be enough.

Nothing surprises me, but yes, depth matchups should be a huge issue and challenge. When you have a player with close to 100 points on your third line that is a handful to match. It is what the Pens rode to two cups.

The Flyers are a young and up and coming team whose future is very bright with a lot of talent coming up in the next few years. This year however there are a lot of holes that may be too much. The games are played on the ice and there are no forgone conclusions of course. But on paper it is a huge challenge.

Reactions: BernieParent

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Poor depth on the blueline, that's debateable. The 3rd pairing does stink. 10 double digit scorers on the team, 5 20+ goal scorers on the team. Yep, no depth. I have faith in Elliott for the time being. It's a crap shoot. We aren't favored, we are the underdogs. Hmm, wasn't there something this year about Philly being an underdog? ;)

I'm actually pretty worried about Philly's blueline scoring. They had two really good blasts in the last game and they weren't even from Philly's best two guys.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I'm just not sure how we match up with 3 lines against the Pens. I have all the confidence in the world that the Couts line and Patrick line can win or at least hold their own, but Hakstol is going to play Flip against one of the Pens top 3 lines and we're going to get destroyed there. That plus the best PP in the league vs one of the worst PKs has me worrying.

You're right to be worried dude but there are some positives to go with.

Pens have played a lot of hockey the last few years and may not be hungry anymore or have burn out. If you weren't their biggest rivals you might catch them asleep. You're in tough but anything can happen this time of year.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
When do the complaints about the refs begin? 7:05 pm? Or 7:06?

Might as well start now as you know they will try to ref the game so scores are tied at the end of 60. The playoffs add an extra layer with trying to keep the series even.

There’s got to be a medical procedure where they can’t see the scoreboard and are incapable of remembering the score so they just call what’s there without bias. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad