GDT: ECQF 2: FLYERS (H) vs. Canadiens (A) at Toronto, Friday, Aug. 14, 2020, 3:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
It's certainly not all Vigneault's fault, but this whole defaulting to players not motivating themselves when they lose is weird and creepy. Sometimes you just get outplayed. We can do better than this.

I have no problem being outplayed. Thats just life.

I have a major issue with a team not showing a morsel of fight. Theres nothing. It's completely flat. They don't even look pissed off. Hell, I would at least get on board with them taking stupid penalties out of fustration at this point, like Konecny.

They have been bullied in the corners, bullied in front of the net, after whistles, even by that shitbag Price. At what point are they going to stand up for themselves? Just eating punches all night.

Show a little pride. Show anything. We're being shut out 5-0. Our keeper has been run, but nothing. If this team ever needed an Emery skating up the ice and just pummeling the shit outta someone it's right now. They are totally emotionless.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Basically the entire team has looked bad today. Do you really think its likely that 20 players collectively decided to not try hard in one of the biggest games of their lives in their life’s passion that they have worked towards since they were little kids?

They look bad because... tactics... matchup issues... the opponent playing well... etc.
Oh look, some common sense. Thanks.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
5ROySAl.gif

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Basically the entire team has looked bad today. Do you really think its likely that 20 players collectively decided to not try hard in one of the biggest games of their lives in their life’s passion that they have worked towards since they were little kids?

They look bad because... tactics... matchup issues... the opponent playing well... etc.
I don’t think it was conscious lack effort, but they did get caught flat footed early on. By the time they regained their bearings, it was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad