ECQF: (2) Boston Bruins vs. (3) Toronto Maple Leafs | Series Tied at 3

Which team wins game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
4 Toronto playoff games tomorrow, and Jays & Boston. Gonna be quite the night.

Leafs/Bruins
Raps/Washington
Marlies/Utica
FC/Guadalajara
I want to watch all 4 at once.
Non Toronto residents complain about too much Toronto coverage.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
he definitely wasn't good in game 3. he let in two goals he had no business letting in

You must have been watching a different game. We were outshot 42-30, and won 4-2. He stopped 40 of 42 god damn shots. :laugh:

Since you are so big on SV%, his save percentage that night was .952. And he was the first star.

Do you need a refresher on that stick save being one of the 40?

Jesus Christ, you are hard to please.

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
People are blinded by that incredible save. He let in 2 softies. Do you recall the goals he let in?

Yes. Good goalies let in bad goals and have off nights. It happens.

I've asked you before, and you didn't answer. Of the three quick goals he let in in Game 2, which one do you blame him for? The sick between-the-legs move by Pastrnak on a defensive miss? The second goal where DeBrusk was left wide open, all alone in front, for a PP tap in goal? The third one off Hainsey's foot he had no chance on? Maybe if the defense did their jobs in Game 2, the Bruins wouldn't have scored seven goals, three of them on Andersen.

In Game 3, the first one was very stoppable, the second was a perfect shot by Chara on a bad angle with Andy cheating. I prefer to think about his body of work for the rest of the night, which was pretty damn good. I can't believe you are pointing out the two goals of the 42 shots in determining what is a "lousy" night.

What about the other 39 saves he made outside of the highlight reel save in Game 3? They don't count?

Freddie had two bad games, in Games 1 and 2, along with the rest of the team. It was a collective shitting of the bed from the entire team. I think he has more than made up for it the rest of the way.

But, if the Leafs lose tomorrow, Freddie will get the goat horns, I am sure.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
any fan would tell you you were nuts if you told them it would go 7 games if Nylander and Matthews only had one goal each.
...with Kadri missing three of those games.

Matthews is due for a big night. Timing couldn't be better, and you know the Bruins are going to come out flying.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I have a hunch McAvoy has been playing on 1.5 legs since the knee injury last month, he does not appear to be nearly as mobile & fluid since his return.
It has to be something. He's been too solid all year up to his injury for it not to be something lingering. He's been the worst player in the series as far as I'm concerned.

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
I have a hunch McAvoy has been playing on 1.5 legs since the knee injury last month, he does not appear to be nearly as mobile & fluid since his return.
He doesn't look his normal self. If he's playing hurt, the 7 games in 13 nights (after tomorrow) probably isn't doing wonders for him.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I’m just glad the leafs made a series out of this. Boston is a great team and Bergeron is my fav non leafs player and has been for a long time. Both fan bases kinda had hunches this would go 7 games and even though it appeared it wasn’t, it is. So regardless who wins tommrow. Both teams deserve it. One very good team is moving on and another is not.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I’m just glad the leafs made a series out of this. Boston is a great team and Bergeron is my fav non leafs player and has been for a long time. Both fan bases kinda had hunches this would go 7 games and even though it appeared it wasn’t, it is. So regardless who wins tommrow. Both teams deserve it. One very good team is moving on and another is not.
yeah I agree. Although I'd be very disappointed, I'd feel no shame in losing to a great team like Boston. I hope their fans feel the same if the Leafs win. These are two great teams who put together a great series

Reactions: LeafsAndFlames

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
the leafs have 4 balanced lines all skill and speed, much deeper than the bruins.

They aren't using them though.

Cassidy is getting far more out of his four lines imo despite having the weaker lines 2-4 than Babcock is. It also doesn't help the Leafs that two thirds of their dmen can't transition the puck properly to the forwards while the Boston dmen do a good job of applying pressure and quickly getting the puck up the ice.

Honestly, I'm shocked at how badly the Leafs have been outplayed in stretches despite imo them being the better team and I largely blame Babcock for it.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

And tentitive. He and the 1st line are the only Bruins who can control the game, and he hasn’t done that at all. You did see some glimpses late in game 6 though. As someone said on the Bruins board, no one wants the Bruins to RG3 him, but if it’s mental I hope he snaps out of it.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
yeah I agree. Although I'd be very disappointed, I'd feel no shame in losing to a great team like Boston. I hope their fans feel the same if the Leafs win. These are two great teams who put together a great series

I agree, but if the Bruins lose it’s going to make the next 12 months as a Bruins fan really rough on these forums. Will probably retreat back to the team board :).

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
I agree, but if the Bruins lose it’s going to make the next 12 months as a Bruins fan really rough on these forums. Will probably retreat back to the team board :).
It's really too bad. I know it is two passionate fanbases, and emotions can get the better of everyone at playoff time, but I think it's been a hell of a series and the one a lot of people were expecting. I know B's fans wanted it over earlier, and I'll be honest, I'm surprised we are where we are after those first two games.

I'd say good luck tomorrow, but I'd be lying. No matter what happens, it's been some damn good hockey. Kind of a drag one of these teams will have their season end in the first round. Just hope Game 7 is good clean hockey, and the end to a great series.

If the Leafs win, great. If not, no shame losing a seven-game series to a 112-point helluva team.

Reactions: wwgrd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad