Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Dermott is having a very solid series so far. Happy with his performance. Gardiner and Zaitsev have also been very good
I think Dermott has been overwhelmed sometimes but that's something you have to expect out of a young guy in his first playoffs. He's been doing well considering the situation.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think Dermott has been overwhelmed sometimes but that's something you have to expect out of a young guy in his first playoffs. He's been doing well considering the situation.
i don't think he's really been overwhelmed at all. He's facing easy competition and he's dominating, like he did in the regular season. the weakest pair by far has been Rielly's, although he was good last game

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Hainsey has been brutal. Its embarrassing that Dermott isnt even playing 15 mins a night...

I think it might be good to try Dermott with Rielly.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...s/2018/04/18120214/Hainsey-Turnover-2.mp4?_=4

Just look at that pass.

Dermott made way too many horrible mistakes last game, even though he's getting the easiest matchups. Keep him where he is for now.

Rielly was horrific in the first 2gms too, but was great last game.

Hainsey has been very solid, and the least of our problems.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Playoff Beard Update:
Andreas Johnsson
upload_2018-4-18_15-39-23.png

Auston Matthews
upload_2018-4-18_15-41-19.png

Brownie:
upload_2018-4-18_15-44-39.png

Mitchy
upload_2018-4-18_15-43-24.png

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Hainsey has been brutal. Its embarrassing that Dermott isnt even playing 15 mins a night...

I think it might be good to try Dermott with Rielly.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...s/2018/04/18120214/Hainsey-Turnover-2.mp4?_=4

Just look at that pass.
It is not a good idea to move a guy who has played nothing but sheltered 3rd pairing minutes to the top pairing in the playoffs. Not exactly a recipe for success.

Dermott has be okay to good this series with some pretty brutal giveaways though. He is fine where he is.

Reactions: Liminality

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Dermott made way too many horrible mistakes last game, even though he's getting the easiest matchups. Keep him where he is for now.

In one of the first 2 games Hainsey made some bad mistakes that lead to goals too, wouldn't say he has been very solid in my opinion.

I agree with everything else you said though.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Has there been a consensus best player for the Leafs so far this series? Has to be Mitch right?
I would honestly say across the 3 games, Hyman has had the most positive impact. That's partly attributed to him being one of the few players who didn't just roll over in game 1.

Mitch, Brown and Gardiner have also been good.

Reactions: Beleafer4

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Dermott did have a weak game, but he's still been doing terrific in his easy matchups. Hainsey hasn't been doing that well

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Dermott did have a weak game, but he's still been doing terrific in his easy matchups. Hainsey hasn't been doing that well

he's done much better than his partner overall so far, even with tougher usage.

meanwhile, dermott has been worse than his partner.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I would honestly say across the 3 games, Hyman has had the most positive impact. That's partly attributed to him being one of the few players who didn't just roll over in game 1.

Mitch, Brown and Gardiner have also been good.

Bozak has been up there with consistently playing his role effectively.

Has yet to be on the ice for a goal against, only player not named Kadri that can say that on our team. Also one the ice for 3 goals for.

Kapanen and Hainsey on the other hand has been on the ice for 6 goals agianst and 0 goals for.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

Has yet to be on the ice for a goal against, only player not named Kadri that can say that on our team. Also one the ice for 3 goals for.

Kapanen and Hainsey on the other hand has been on the ice for 6 goals agianst and 0 goals for.
I was going to say Bozak too. His line was the only line not constantly hemmed in for the first 2 games.

He is also playing way more physically, nice to see. Cool stat, good to know.

Ya I feel like the 4th line got caught out against the Bergeron or Krejci line a few times and got destroyed.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Komarov could be done for the year. I know they are trying to down play his injury but I think it's serious

Not only that, how would you take out anyone now that they are in full swing? I don't see the team taking out Jhonson. He has proven to be a very good player
He just needs more experience

You can make a strong case for Brown. Right now I'll take Grundstrom over him
It's JOHNSSON dammit! JJJJJJJJJJJJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHNNNNSSSSSSSOOOOONNNN!

:naughty:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
i don't think he's really been overwhelmed at all. He's facing easy competition and he's dominating, like he did in the regular season. the weakest pair by far has been Rielly's, although he was good last game

Was he ever good last game!!!! The entire bench likely noticed.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

They are less likely to score when Bozak wins all the draws :)

How is his FaceOff Win % ?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2018-4-18_16-27-10.png

The third game is our game. Lotsa Corsi For. A great team could generate alot of Corsi For but limit the against. We aren't great.
We need to trade chances with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad