Online Series: Echo - All episodes available January 10, 2024

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Funny because the Netflix ones often felt a little too long with the 13 episodes IIRC.

10 episodes is the sweet spot I think.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Binged it last night. Wasn't bad for a series (glad it wasn't a movie). Decent story and Kingpin is awesome. Took a bit to get going.

Worst part of the show for me was the acting. The cast, outside of Echo and Kingpin, was terrible.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Binged it last night. Wasn't bad for a series (glad it wasn't a movie). Decent story and Kingpin is awesome. Took a bit to get going.

Worst part of the show for me was the acting. The cast, outside of Echo and Kingpin, was terrible.
Seems odd to use a villain that is the main adversary for another character in Daredevil.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Seems odd to use a villain that is the main adversary for another character in Daredevil.
Echo has a big history with Kingpin in the comics. There's a Daredevil show coming out later this year in which Kingpin is the main baddie. Rumors of a Spiderman 4 with Kingpin is also floating around.

Reactions: beowulf

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I didn't not enjoy it in the moment, but boy ... nothing happened.
It mostly introduced her new powers which she does not have in the comics and her history with King Pin but feels more, especially 5 episodes long only, like it sets up Daredevil Born Again.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Loved the actions sequences but it fell flat in the final episode… needed more episodes for proper character development.

Enjoyed the series overall but it had a meh ending. Set up Daredevil nicely and Kingpin in the MCU in general.

I think this show ran tight on budget in the end and it showed.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
This show needs to answer 1 question for me...

Why should I root for Echo (Maya)? She's selfish, puts her family in danger, apparently sucks as an assassin because she couldn't kill Kingpin at point-blank range, doesn't emote *at all* in her facial expressions (which shouldn't be affected so greatly by her status as a deaf person).

I applaud the show for use of ASL, but outside of that...boy what a drop-off from Loki S2

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This show needs to answer 1 question for me...

Why should I root for Echo (Maya)? She's selfish, puts her family in danger, apparently sucks as an assassin because she couldn't kill Kingpin at point-blank range, doesn't emote *at all* in her facial expressions (which shouldn't be affected so greatly by her status as a deaf person).

I applaud the show for use of ASL, but outside of that...boy what a drop-off from Loki S2
Funny enough I don't think we are meant to root for her, at least not yet. She is still a "villain" and not a "hero" yet which is like the comics. She wants to be the Queen Pin etc. no talk of her wanting to help people but more about taking over King Pin's empire.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not sure what was worse, this series or the Devils game I went to tonight. There's barely anything in here that got this to deserve a TV-MA rating, Fisk is the only thing that's even remotely interesting in this and he deserves way better than this mess...

Give me an entire stand alone series of Fisk as NYC mayor to make up for this garbage

Last edited:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I can only watch one episode and then take a break. Characters are good, some scenes really nice. But the episodes are just not well put together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad