ECHL partners with Nickelodeon

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Yeah, this is an extension/expansion of what they did last year. The Royals had Paw Patrol night, and other teams featured spongebob or other Nick shows. Hockey purists will hate it of course, but apparently it was a big success in marketing. League-wide it was very significant in generating social media hits and in getting new fans in the seats. The new commissioner spoke to our booster club jamboree in July and he was very enthusiastic about it.

Reactions: JMCx4, mk80 and 210

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Yeah, this is an extension/expansion of what they did last year. The Royals had Paw Patrol night, and other teams featured spongebob or other Nick shows. Hockey purists will hate it of course, but apparently it was a big success in marketing. ...
I'm one of the most "pure" hockey fans I know, but to me the theme nights like these represent one of the least objectionable promos & intermission shenanigans of all hockey night distractions that help to stabilize the minor pro game that I love. If the leagues can attract & retain a younger market segment with cartoon creations & super-heroic sales promotions, these partnerships will support the longer-term health of their teams. Now if we can just get those teams & their arena landlords to install "selfie-stopper technology" and automatic 6-point harnesses that only release their occupants during extended stoppages in play, this old man would die happy with visions of a 0-0 tie final scoreboard tally fading with his shallow breaths. :wally:

Reactions: 210 and royals119

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... Looks like they already have a lot (8) specialty jerseys this year.
Heck, it seemed like Tulsa had a specialty jersey night for every homestand last season. Maybe that's why they were 17th in GF last year: They never knew which team they were passing to. :confused:

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
Out of curiousity I looked at each teams promo schedule (that was readily available) and it looks like every team will be doing the Marvel promotion this year (vs 26 doing the Nickelodeon).

I've been told that the Marvel promotion will end up being optional by teams at some point, so I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case with the Nickelodeon promotion.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad